Fjord 1973 CSi on BaT for the 3rd time.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Paul--Let someone else buy this one:

911r sold it in Oct 2022 and there were improvements made after driving it only 300 miles in a year. The hammer price should be interesting.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The CA registration comments are interesting. What he is saying is not what I understand the problems to be - but whatever happens..... It is the auction winner's responsibility to do their due diligence.

shanon

Reaction score
Hmm..familiar..was this car on display at the first LOTA? Don't think there are that many blue E9s with a white interior....

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I really feel like doubling down on challenging the seller for his claims of 'easy California registration'.... Will see how that plays out for a few days - for now anyway.

Eric V

Site Donor $
Reaction score
If he’s a dealer then the responsibility is his. I’ve made phone calls to AAA and CA DMV and 3rd party DMV services about gray market cars 1968-1975 and had zero success.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Montana title because it's too hard to title in CA. @sfdon knows the drill. Not saying it's impossible but not through normal channels. It all hinges on the VIN verification.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I really feel like doubling down on challenging the seller for his claims of 'easy California registration'.... Will see how that plays out for a few days - for now anyway.
I saw this car in person last year when Avant Guard in Portland listed it on BaT. It was sold with a Montana title then. It’s a really nice coupe that looks to have had additional sorting and maintenance. It still has a Montana title and According to the seller: ”registration in CA is easy, we would have done it but since we’re a dealer we‘re not required to.” He says he’s got ”guys” at the DMV. If I’m a dealer in CA hoping to get top dollar for a euro spec e9 in an uncertain market I’m getting a CA title if possible. That would remove all doubt and maximize the buyer pool.

shermanmartinez

Reaction score
I agree with you JMinPDX. It's so reminiscent of any ad where something such as air conditioning is not working and the seller states," It's an easy fix, the belt broke and I just haven't had time to do it". Why not just fix it then (since it's so easy! and remove all doubt from potential buyers worrying about the seller's honesty as well as not having to field questions about whether it works or not).

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I read recently the CA police are looking for Montana plated and other out of state plates to check "residency." I have been reading conflicting, contradictory reports about titling in CA. Most recently that the DMV has tightened up the already tight requirements.

Dan is right, "sale contingent on a CA title."

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
it’s real guys- my client received this…. How much trouble did you want????

State of California Transportation Agency
DEPARTMENT OF CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY PATROL
Redwood City Area
355 Convention Way
Redwood City, CA 94063
(650) 369-6261
(800) 735-2929 (TT/TDD)
(800) 735-2922 (Voice)
GAVIN NEWSOM, Governor
February 09, 2023
Case No.: 23-02-00163
MIo
MICIE
Year:
License:
State: Montana
VIN: xxxxxxx
The vehicle noted above has been reported to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) for displaying out-of-state license plates. The CHP receives thousands of reports from the public each month identifying vehicles displaying out-of-state license plates. A preliminary inquiry of the vehicle noted above indicates you are the registered owner or person in possession of the
vehicle, and may be a resident or gainfully employed in California. California law requires persons to register their vehicles in California within 20 days after becoming gainfully employed or when they establish residency within the state as defined in Sections 516 and 6700 of the California Vehicle Code (CVC). The law also requires a nonresident owner of a vehicle to register such vehicle in California when it is in this state for primary use as defined in Section 4000.4 CVC. There are some occasions when the vehicle may qualify for a registration exemption. Failure to comply with California registration requirements may result in a fine imposed by the court, in addition to California registration fees and penalties that may be due. To avoid being in violation of California registration requirements, please contact the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) immediately to complete the registration process. For more information on DMV vehicle registration requirements, you
may visit the DMV Web site at www.dmv.ca.gov.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Officer A. Montiel, of my staff, at (650) 369-6261, in writing to the address listed above, or by electronic mail