Floor plugs

PaulinPa

Reaction score
In my '74 there are 2 factory installed holes in the passenger floorboard,about where your feet would be.One is kinda oval shaped and one is rectangular.What are they for and what is part number for covering that goes over them?Looked at OEM site,in orange parts book and even dealer couldn't find them.Thanks.

I suspect they were used in the build process to align the front chassis legs.
In fuel injected cars the one on the RHS ((looking from the rear of the car) is used for the FI harness
There wern't any plugs in mine on the LHS, they were just covered by the tar like soundproofing goo. THe RHS had a molded plug for the wires for the hole nearest the seat support and the forward one was covered by a bad ancient floor repair :roll:

Malc

The oblong (nearest the seat) one of two holes was for the wiring harness of the engine management to pass through as it was located under the rear passenger seat. I suspect that they wouldn't have bothered to make a seperate floor pan for cars fitted with carburetors. Not sure what the other one was for but on fuel injected cars only this one would be fitted with a bung so maybe they didn't make one at all.

Back