Fog lamp install: How do I make this work?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In the photo below, you can see the pivot point, cup shaped thick washer, castellated washer and the nut.
When I tighten it up, it still moves. I can't seem to get it to install and not move.
Anyone have experience to share?

IMG_2913[1].JPG

Define move. As in forward and back on the pivot point or loose on the bumper? Do you have the cup washer on top of the bumper and the other components below?

Stan,

I would get a thin nut for the "cup washer" as s Steve puts it, then use the big nut for the bumper mount. You might want to use a nylon lock nut on the underside of the bumper since you won't have much thread to work with. The advantage of this is that locking the vertical movement of the fog is not dependent on how tight the light is to the bumper. That will also give you the freedom of independent adjustability (although you will still need to loosen the under-bumper bolt to adjust the thin nut on top of the bumper).

Edit: The other thing you might try if you are still having issues is to add a thin nylon washer between the fog and the "cup washer"

Fog light.PNG
Define move. As in forward and back on the pivot point or loose on the bumper? Do you have the cup washer on top of the bumper and the other components below?
Pivot forward and back
Not loose on the bumper
A = forward and back pivot point
B = cup shaped washer but even if I tighten the nut without mounting the cup washer does not snug up tight enough.
C = castellated washer
D = nut

I am thinking I need to put something between the cup washer and the pivot, tried a rubber washer but it did not help. My bumper does not have mounting holes, I am using the clamp on mounts like Scott Perkins has

Maybe something thicker?

Last edited:
Looks like you need something to pinch A tight when the nut is tightened from below. Washer B wont pinch it?

Stan,

Look at some of the posts for fog lights from Enoz. His pics show B in the other direction.

I had a similar problem and placed a toothed, external lock washer between the ball of the housing and the cupped washer (between A and B in your picture) to help the two surfaces grip one another.

33741.jpg

Ed

Stan,
The bolt looks like it is mushroomed next to lamp pivot and the cupped washer is tightening against that. There is no wear sign on the pivot where the cup washer would be seated.
Chris

Stan,

Look at some of the posts for fog lights from Enoz. His pics show B in the other direction.
After looking at the other Marchal lights I see the cupped washer facing the other way.
Will give that a shot when I get back to the car!
Thanks!

After looking at the other Marchal lights I see the cupped washer facing the other way.
Will give that a shot when I get back to the car!
Thanks!
That didn't work either. I think I need something between the cupped washer and the pivot point

Back