Fog Light Variations

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
My car is a 73 German market 3.0 CS. The rear license plate holder is chrome, there is no cutout for the fog light but there is a cutout in the rear panel. I assumed that the license plate holder was replaced (by some dumbass since the rear panel cutout was left wide open) but the car came with a fog light bracket attached to the bumper also. What cars came with what?

my understanding is that no USA models came with the rear fog light ... most european models did - depending on where the car was exported to and the local laws. my understanding is that the German laws required the rear fog light.

There are two types on the euros I believe, that within the rear panel and one that hung off the rear bumper near the exhaust.

I like the fog light hanging off the rear bumper. Looks more scrappy in the car rally sense. Less factory. For San Francisco the best option is actually a foghorn...so eerie.

those were primarily on 2800cs / early 3.0cs ... my understanding is the carb CSL had the hanging light

Last edited:
My car had a German delivery, 73 CS.................... cutout for fog but it came with a bracket for the other location as well. Neither light was there when I bought it but I placed the one for the cutout.

Back