For sale, 1987 535is race car

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
Greetings All,

I am seriously selling most of my cars. I thought that I would post this here first in the event any of you have Intrest or know others who would be. This is my street legal track car. I’ve owned it since 2015 and haven’t used it as much as I would like to due to the demands of my company and focusing on airplanes. I purchased the car from the care taker who built it for the original owner, an acquaintance of mine, Jerry Rhodes, who passed away unfortunately. As such, I’m technically the second owner. The car underwent a progressive transition to its current state as Jerry became more involved with auto cross and track days. Alpine auto Werks in Memphis basically built the car to what it is. It has a rebuilt engine and head (Memphis Motor Werks), a rebuilt transmission and differential (3.73 with 75% lock). The front brakes are Brembo 4 pistons from the 840i, the rears are vented from an E34. The suspension is coil over with larger adjustable sway bars. The Wheels are polished style 5s that have stainless hardware and Erlich Wheel Works center caps. It has a welded cage that connects all four suspension mounts. Most notably, the extra work done getting the cage through the round side window defoggers is impressive. The car is completely road/ track ready with brand new seat belts, tires and fresh fluid changes. There is a battery disconnect under the hood. I recently removed the original USA bumpers and front spoiler and replaced them with light weight euro units and an Alpina front spoiler. I have the bumpers as part of the sale. Those who are knowledgeable will see that I used an e12 euro rear bumper as it covers the USA shock holes without any body work (I dound this out about 30 years ago with an old 528e conversion). I had plans to relocate the battery to the trunk and install a TCD turbo charger kit. This system has an air to water intercooler and a different oil pan that allows turbo oil to return to the pan. Neither the battery relocation or the turbo system are installed but come with the car. Additionally, I have a spare b34 engine and could probably be talked out of any number of b35 engines that I have. I’m asking $15,000 for all of it to go to a good home where it will be taken care of and (hopefull) not used as a drift car. Pm me if you are interested, I might be able to personally deliver it as well. I can certainly get more pics for interested parties. Thanks for any interest,

Mark

227AA7FD-3566-4C7A-94AC-8B3F72342A37.jpeg
C806117B-AE39-436F-A162-5FEBEB55198D.jpeg
324917FD-223E-4E5F-9B6D-2454A1F7CE04.jpeg
CA90D935-E35F-4159-8F4B-8F16089F5982.jpeg
3E637B70-74ED-40F4-A926-A4A91D2BF0AE.jpeg
EBB6A225-2064-4BC8-83EE-E619985C6A0D.jpeg
E980DDFF-ADF0-4E17-9BA2-2C20149A78CD.jpeg
1F17F43D-BCEF-443D-A2D5-F0EB9062CC98.jpeg

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
May I ask, how does it drive?
Well it’s a race car but not too stiff that it’s not street-able on the odd occasion such as cars and coffee. It’s well balanced in every way and is very predictable at the limits. I think my battery relocate will push the car further towards neutral in the weight department. The brakes are just insanely powerful for this car, particularly if you compare it to any car in stock form. The power windows are still attached and working as is the sunroof. The a/c has been deleted in its entirety.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
FYI - This thread was reported - but in situ. The reporter was under the impression that we are to post e3’s and e9’s only. I would like to remind everyone that is okay to post your other BMW’s vehicles for sale in this forum. However, Non-BMW’s listed by you or NMNA will be moved to OT.

Please review the classified rules which highlights your ability to post any of your BMW’s for sale.