For sale: One of the last 2800CS's produced

gestatin

Reaction score
SOLD

Reluctantly putting my beloved jewel 1971 2800CS up for sale. I'd always wanted a CS and just when I finally was able to afford one, the universe threw my family a curve ball and I need to pay some medical expenses... Below are the specs.

1971 2800CS

No rust or bodywork
One repaint: color change from Taiga to Baikal (thanks coupeguy for the clarification)

3.0 liter engine with 3.0/3.3 block with 1984 1277358 head.
Weber DGV 32/36 conversion w/ correct air cleaner
New fuel lines and tune
Stock 4 sp. transmission
Could use a rear muffler as there's a 2-3" hole in it. Rest of exhaust in good shape.

<50 miles on new brake system:
New front pads and rear shoes
New rear wheel cylinders
Rebuilt ATE front calipers (ATE kits)
New stainless steel brake lines all around
Refurbished rear adjusters

<50 miles on new suspension:
New front struts
New rear shocks
Car has oversized sway bars front and rear w/ new poly bushings up front

New Guibo

Good interior: Camel tan leather upholstery (a bit colorwashed), decent wood, great door panels, headliner, etc.
Good glass
95% complete ORIGINAL trunk tool kit
All chrome trim complete

Could use a rear muffler as there's a 2-3" hole in it. Rest of exhaust in good shape.

Did I mention no rust? :)

Car is a great driver and runs very strong. Passed local (strict) emissions last month. Car is located in Louisville, CO just 10 miles from Denver. I wouldn't hesitate to drive the car anywhere (though it hasn't seen rain in at least 3 years). Titled, registered and insured in my name. Some spare parts with the car: seats, wheels, misc.

Asking price is $10,500. If it's not yet sold, I'll be driving it to the Rocky Mountain BMW meet on the 12th of Sept. in Westminster, CO. You can see it there.

Pics at the address below. I'll be adding many more tonight.
http://picasaweb.google.com/alpinerambler/1971BMW2800CS?feat=directlink

Please feel free to ask any and all questions via this forum or email.

Regards!

Attachments

• super-small.jpg
    super-small.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
Love the shot of your pug (?) dog in the front seat, great advertising IMO. I think that color change might be baikal and not nachtblau. Good luck selling your car, its a tough market out there right now.

gestatin

Reaction score
Coupeguy: Thanks for the heads up about the color change: I'll edit the ad. As for the pug, he's been my trusty navigator for the last six years. I had someone else comment on that picture but their response to it was the polar opposite of yours. They seemed offended that I'd allow a dog in such a collectible car. Ah well, to each their own...

Keir: pm replied