Ford Cobra

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
any one had experience of having this American icon ford cobra, I had one and sold it in 2007 I was playing with it almost 18 years but I needed money and I had to sale it was the best toys I ever had it is kind of car that no any other car is like it, that small car had V8 351 Windsor 5 speed top loader with lots of power that I never could floor it on a gear 3 I could burn the tire check the picture.

IMG_0011.JPG

Isn't it actually a Shelby AC Cobra? I know it is Ford powered but I don't think Ford ever built one. This is my 1969 Ford Cobra. Not in the same class as a Shelby AC Cora but it is a true Ford Cobra.

View attachment 157611
Hello you can google it and fined out, I copy from Google search. In 1962 the 1st cobra was bult with aluminum, after discontinue Carol Shelby had the contract from ford to built a cobra with fiberglass.
In 1962, Shelby created Shelby American, a new company to build his car in California. Equipped with the Ford 260 and later the 289 cubic-inch engines, the Cobra proved to be a success for Ford dealers and on racetracks worldwide. The Cobras dominated Corvettes in North America, winning races coast to coast.

Attachments

• cobra.jpg
    cobra.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 55
Interesting, I thought all Shelby AC Cobras had aluminum bodies. I thought the fiberglass versions were the kit cars. Apparently, there were Shelby built AC style Cobras in fiberglass.

Chris the 69 Cobras are fairly rare but there are still a few around. Actually, a very rare bird is a 426 Road Runner. I think only 10 were made. Mine is a rare snake.

Interesting, I thought all Shelby AC Cobras had aluminum bodies. I thought the fiberglass versions were the kit cars. Apparently, there were Shelby built AC style Cobras in fiberglass.

Chris the 69 Cobras are fairly rare but there are still a few around. Actually, a very rare bird is a 426 Road Runner. I think only 10 were made. Mine is a rare snake.
Hello, Aluminum body 1960 original Cobra 427 in May 2021 sold over $13 million, but original factory price was $7,500, and 1965 Shelby AC cobra sold over $5 Million all other replica with deferent company maid from $40k to $80K or $100K mine it was bad time and I could sale it for $30K but I had really fun with it, it was fast car like nothing like it I never could floor it to see how fast is going, look like put up a V8 on the bike the car is so light.

Guy in Tassie has a genuine AC Cobra and also an alloy Shelby under restoration. Caught him leaning on my CSL and we got talking. Seen both in the flesh.

Guy in Tassie has a genuine AC Cobra and also an alloy Shelby under restoration. Caught him leaning on my CSL and we got talking. Seen both in the flesh.
Hello, I love to see real Cobra, never seen one, where is it.

begin 2022 i bought a Cobra ( a UK made DAX ) with a Windsor in it .... the seller couldn't get it approved ( typical problems with kit cars there days... ) , so after 6 months we cancelled the deal. Then i went searching for a "equivalent" qua "car" but from a real factory with the right papers. And so i ended with my C2 now.
In fact , we are glad it all went that way , a Cobra is small ( sitting down i could not get my left leg out , one has to almost stand up before going out ) , has no roll up windows , and a primitive soft top which makes it the more difficult getting in&out. Also the short wheelbase makes it a "tricky" car.
It is a race car of which Shelby made a street version. No more then a small 4 banger UK AC car in which he planted a V8.....so power to weight is indeed fenominal :D

PS sidepipes with insulation and cover.... so no danger ! Merlin 540 and 6 Richmond box..... a beast ;)

IMG_20220705_1415462.jpg

Back