Found a Hard Top for My e46 M3

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Happy Friday Everyone! I've always loved the factory hard top option that you could get with a e46 convertible. Ever since my wife and I picked up our new (to us) M3, I've been looking for one. The trim is specific to a M3 and Imola is not easy to find, the previous owner said he looked for one for 6 years. About a month ago, I was on a Teams call at work and my buddy (who is into BMWs) were talking cars before the meeting started. A few minutes into the meeting, he starts PMing me that he found one in Denver where he lives. Long story long, the next day he rented a van and picked it up for me. He kept it in his garage until I could figure out how to best ship it to Portland. It showed up in one biga$$ box. It's in perfect shape and I'm happy to have it!

IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_9157.JPEG

Well the top was a bargain at $2K but the shipping?! :oops: The shipping was $1200. I'm all in at $3200 and I'm good with that.
One of the cheapest ways of putting a roof over your head!

It showed up in one biga$$ box. It's in perfect shape and I'm happy to have it!
Ask your friend how much it cost to get that biga$$ box made. I've got some parts to ship from Seattle to Boston, and I will probably need 2-3 boxes of that size.

John

Ask your friend how much it cost to get that biga$$ box made. I've got some parts to ship from Seattle to Boston, and I will probably need 2-3 boxes of that size.

John

My friend didn't have to do anything after going to get it. I worked with a crate and freight company in Denver. They picked up the top and stand, custom built the box, and shipped it - all for $1200.

Last edited:
Back