Free to a good home

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I know I am looking at a limited audience for this one.
If you are in Hawaii or your E9 came from Hawaii you may want this.
@HB Chris knows where you can have this made to look like new?
I will send it there if you like.
Hawaii.JPG

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

@mulberryworks bought his car in Maui. Doesn’t appear to have been delivered there, but as we know many American Service members were stationed in Hawaii.

Anyway, Ian seems like a deserving candidate IMO.

This US version car was manufactured on July 24th, 1970 and delivered on August 25th, 1970 to a company named J.B.S. in Frankfurt/Main, probably for delivery to a US citizen temporarily living in Germany. The original colour was Chamonix, paint code 085. It was sold on the Big Island of Hawaii and shipped to Maui where it remained largely undriven by its owner for three years because of poor running and the discovery of moderate rust typical of these cars.

Bob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I know I am looking at a limited audience for this one.
If you are in Hawaii or your E9 came from Hawaii you may want this.
@HB Chris knows where you can have this made to look like new?
I will send it there if you like.
View attachment 143991
Probably looked something similar to this one.

Attachments

• IMG_20220501_083143843.jpg
    IMG_20220501_083143843.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 100

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
No... Czech...Chinese and Russian were closed out; so it was, I guess, the third most difficult to learn, and third most evil state at the time....:) ....So they listened to huge radios, drank pils, and listened to US college basketball...I mean...radio transmissions...Took German (southern), got a got a Euro out,.....so I went over (..in 1975...)and spent a month, late Sept...( Fear and Loathhing on the Continent...), rode the trains, ate weiners, drank bier and wine at fests...went to the "new" BMW museum. Munich and southern DE at O'fest time...priceless.
Below, me mit wiener on top of the Eiffel T., forty-seven years ago...
Sorry, Stan, back to your thread. Arde's fault...

Attachments

• wiener on the Eiffel...JPG
    wiener on the Eiffel...JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 81

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Stan--I bought my car from Maui back in Nov 2018 and had it shipped to me in Ft. Lauderdale. He gave me his front license plate.

Attachments

• IMG_1852.jpg
    IMG_1852.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 62

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No... Czech...Chinese and Russian were closed out; so it was, I guess, the third most difficult to learn, and third most evil state at the time....:) ....So they listened to huge radios, drank pils, and listened to US college basketball...I mean...radio transmissions...Took German (southern), got a got a Euro out,.....so I went over (..in 1975...)and spent a month, late Sept...( Fear and Loathhing on the Continent...), rode the trains, ate weiners, drank bier and wine at fests...went to the "new" BMW museum. Munich and southern DE at O'fest time...priceless.
Below, me mit wiener on top of the Eiffel T., forty-seven years ago...
Sorry, Stan, back to your thread. Arde's fault...
Cool! I know some people around Monterey. Nice picture.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, I don't know how I missed seeing this. I've looked on and off since 2014 with no luck for just such a license plate frame for my Chamonix 2800cs I bought on Maui when I lived there.

If anyone else has one they'd be willing to let go of, I'm interested. Otherwise, the hunt goes on.