Front Badge

Paul Cochrane

Reaction score
Gday - Two months ago I bought my "soul car" a 74 CSI RHD built for Australian compliance. Took me about 18 months to find her. Doesn't need much work just some minor rust etc. etc. I quick question is there anyway to take the front badge off without taking out the front grill. Forgive me if this is a silly question.

Regards,

Paul

Yes, it is real easy but the proceedure sounds a bit crude... You pry it up using a small screwdriver. Be sure to place a rag between the paint and the badge so you do not scratch the paint. You might want to replace the groments that hold the badge in if they are dried out.

Hope that helps,

Scott

Sometimes that works if they used the plastic inserts which the badge presses into. However, often there are tinnerman or some such push on fasteners used to attach, which will not allow prying off from the outside. The plastic inserts will allow prying it off. Apply gentle pressure, if it doesnt move, remove the grilles. Couldnt be much easier, half a dozen screws and its out.

Previous posts are right, but if you find it still doesn't move the chances are it has been has been glued in place, because the plastic plugs have disappeared and there are no other obvious securing methods use a 1 inch (25mm) paint scraper/ putty knife to spread the load and "cut" the glue, often silicon sealer, seam sealer, or even windscreen sealer

You can use masking tape to reduce paint damage too
Malc

beware masking tape

when you remove it, DO NOT pull it straight away from the car. AMHIK... you may pull paint right off the body.

Pull so the tape makes a 180 degree bend, i.e., pull parallel and close to the surface to which the tape is stuck.

Back