Front BMW Emblem

Want to replace my faded front BMW Roundel. Is this a dealer item? And also, what's a safe way to remove the old one without damaging paint?
thanks. Mike

Hi Mike,

Have you considered reprinting it? If you have even the smallest air compressor, you can use an inexpensive airbrush to repaint yours. There is a thread on the subject.

For your pleasure Mike. Simply pull up on it. If you are worried about damaging your paint you can remove your grille and press on the exposed pins from the underside. Try wrapping a small screwdriver in electrical tape.

26571284675_6289778408_b.jpg

26298408480_fe547a77ee_b.jpg

26505287501_1924fb526e_b.jpg

FYI - Since the badge is aluminum, you can polish it prior to painting to make it look good as new.

Pull!

I use that hard plastic strapping ribbon that is bound around boxes of printer paper to remove roundels. It is strong enough to not break, but thin enough to get under the roundel and apply force evenly. Works great.

Ian

Front Roundel

Thanks everyone. Now I think I can get that front badge off without damage. But can you help me with the part number? I ordered and received the one identified on RealOEM (I know, but I trusted it) which is 51141828851. This one is actually about 1 inch smaller in diameter than the faded one in place on my car now, so this is clearly the wrong number. Does anyone know the correct p/n? Thanks, Mike

Back