Front oem shock absorber removal

Henny

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in the middle of the renovation of my front struts due to worn hoses and a worn upper bearing and bad springplate.

20220108_134016.jpg

My car, 2800CSA has the original oem shock absorbers. After the removal of the springs, upper bearing and springplate the shock absorber has to be removed, to clean the strut and to replace the hoses and additional piece of stop. Right now I have to remove the plate where the hoses attached to. The plate rotates, but there's no movement in the longitudinal direction. The plate seems to be of two parts, is there something in the middle what prevents movement? There's nothing mentioned in the service manual about this plate and I can't find a similar item in this forum
Can somebody tell me how to remove this plate?

20220128_152637.jpg

20220128_152652.jpg

Regards,
Henny

Nothing special. PB Blaster, rubber mallet since you want to reuse the part. Not sure what you mean by hoses other than the part that supports the brake lines.

There are drain holes in the lower strut support, make sure they are cleaned out before reconstruction. I usually loosen the big collar nut that holds the strut in place before I take the unit off the car. Special tool or large plumbers wrench.

You could try a gear puller if you don’t like the idea of pounding the washer off. I wouldn’t be timid with it. Years of road dirt and water have been trying to make one piece of of it. Some penetrant, heat and hammer force may be required. Veel geluk vriend.

Nothing special. PB Blaster, rubber mallet since you want to reuse the part. Not sure what you mean by hoses other than the part that supports the brake lines.

There are drain holes in the lower strut support, make sure they are cleaned out before reconstruction. I usually loosen the big collar nut that holds the strut in place before I take the unit off the car. Special tool or large plumbers wrench.
Thanks, your right. After some force with a rubber mallet the part came loose. And what I need to replace is the shock absorber protection rubber. It was cracked at two places.

Back