Front right lower control arms

Reaction score
Hi, I have been searching all over and cannot find a RIGHT lower control arm anywhere. My mechanic is happy to replace ball joint only (with new bushes also) but I cannot find a ball joint anywhere as a separate item either. HELP! Can someone point me in the right direction please? Many thanks Phil
Car is a LHD 1972 E9 3.0CS. I am in Australia, Cheers

W&N have them. I also believe you can use an E12 arm and just swap out the bushings...ie the arm and bushings are available. I may be incorrect based on my memory of 10 years ago and a discussion with Ben at La Jolla

Hi Phil, I replaced both mine as the left was worn out, The right has a serviceable ball joint and inner bush, outer needs replacing. Always better off with a new arm , but its here if you want to give it a go.

Hi Phil, I replaced both mine as the left was worn out, The right has a serviceable ball joint and inner bush, outer needs replacing. Always better off with a new arm , but its here if you want to give it a go.
Hi Ian, sounds like a reasonable plan. How much do you want for it? I can order the bushes separately obviously. I am in Ballina Northern NSW. Covid free thank goodness. Maybe you could phone or text me? My number is 0403224750

Hi Ian, sounds like a reasonable plan. How much do you want for it? I can order the bushes separately obviously. I am in Ballina Northern NSW. Covid free thank goodness. Maybe you could phone or text me? My number is 0403224750
Hi Ian, yes please I have still had no success finding one anywhere. Could you text me maybe 0403224750 Thanks phil

E12 items are longer, same as 74 model e9s. Think pre 74 is 381mm and post is 401mm. If you are putting facelift /e12 arms on be sure to replace as a pair, will also increase your negative camber

I used E12 arms and they were the right length. They are reversed, however, so keep that in mind if only ordering one.
*Edit- actually, I think that's wrong (not reversed) but I had issues with getting the correct side aftermarket arms so be careful. I got two of one side (one was packaged wrong) so I ordered what I thought was the other side (different manufacturer) and got another of the same side.
Moral of the story- just order the correct ones from Ireland Eng. or W&N.

Last edited:
Back