Front seat bolts sourced

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I had a difficult time sourcing something exact, but found these to be close. They are stainless not chrome but the head is curved like original with slots.
It was tough to find this smaller diameter head as well, seems the standard countersink is noticably bigger and flat, not domed.
Next up is finding what to do about the rubber stops that keep the seat back from slamming into the bottom, thoughts?

IMG_20200212_174044792.jpg
IMG_20200212_174308977.jpg

Follow the George Forman rule...set it and forget it. Meaning don't let anyone in the back seat. Seriously, I am in the same boat wrt rubber buffers. Let us know if you find a solution.

I also sourced the same screws in SS. The large inner one that the cover covers, I could only find one that took a torx bit. If ever I show the car, I trust they will not remove the chrome plate.

BMW used to sell the rubber seat back bumpers, same as 2002, or just cut a piece of thick rubber and glue it in. Without it seat back will rattle.

I might just go the way you suggest anyway. One piece on each side. I tried using a single piece and giving it a 180 turn and it wouldn't cooperate.

I had a difficult time sourcing something exact, but found these to be close. They are stainless not chrome but the head is curved like original with slots.
It was tough to find this smaller diameter head as well, seems the standard countersink is noticably bigger and flat, not domed.
Next up is finding what to do about the rubber stops that keep the seat back from slamming into the bottom, thoughts?

View attachment 86351View attachment 86352

yes, difficult to find, i made them out from a bigger size and then chromed them
yours seem a good solution

Back