Front strut tower brace installed

duane_sword

Reaction score
attached a couple of photos of my coupe.... I just picked her up today from winter season storage in NH... the roads are finally clear of salt up here.

Mario Langsten of Vintage Sports & Racing preps the car for the start of the season, through the winter we worked on a few items including the RC Motorsports tower strut brace, it looks great (well I think so anyway).

The mounting bolts had to be redone and the underside of the brace was beveled out to allow it to fit snuggly without touching the Alpina airbox. It looks like it was supposed to be there from the beginning. Thank you Mario, very nice job again.

Why? because I like the look of the brace. No I am not planning any track work, though I am sure that the handling would improve slightly... I have made a number of changes to my coupe (it is not an original B2) with authentic Alpina goodies, and this strut brace just added to the character I have been looking to build into my coupe.

First drive for the year was a blast!

before the brace was installed.
pickupday-Sep23-2007%20009.jpg

and after...
CIMG1598.JPG

CIMG1602.JPG

CIMG1606.JPG

BavShow_08.jpg

all the best for the season (if you are in the northern hemisphere)

Duane

[/img]

duane_sword

Reaction score
attached a couple of photos of my coupe.... I just picked her up today from winter season storage in NH... the roads are finally clear of salt up here.

Mario Langsten of Vintage Sports & Racing preps the car for the start of the season, through the winter we worked on a few items including the RC Motorsports tower strut brace, it looks great (well I think so anyway).

The mounting bolts had to be redone and the underside of the brace was beveled out to allow it to fit snuggly without touching the Alpina airbox. It looks like it was supposed to be there from the beginning. Thank you Mario, very nice job again.

Why? because I like the look of the brace. No I am not planning any track work, though I am sure that the handling would improve slightly... I have made a number of changes to my coupe (it is not an original B2) with authentic Alpina goodies, and this strut brace just added to the character I have been looking to build into my coupe.

First drive for the year was a blast!

before the brace was installed.
pickupday-Sep23-2007%20009.jpg

and after...
CIMG1598.JPG

CIMG1602.JPG

CIMG1606.JPG

BavShow_08.jpg

all the best for the season (if you are in the northern hemisphere)

Duane

[/img]

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Duane,

It looks brilliant. I too like the look and the idea that there is a bit more rigidity up the front.

When you say the bolts had to be redone - what do you mean?

Regards,

Rohan

duane_sword

Reaction score
Apparently Richard Conway (of RC Motorsports) only made a limited run of the front strut braces for the E9 and the previous owner (who was the original owner) was lucky to get one.

Now I have a front brace and the rear strut tower brace , the suspension is tied up about as well as one can for a street cat ( without going to a full cage).

I have heard stories of just how flexible the E9 chassis is. Is it true or a myth that you can break a windshield by jacking the car up on one corner with a door open?

The reason the front strut tower brace holes were re-done is that it seems that the orientation of the bolt holes were 90degrees out... correct orientation just not correct alignment... hard to describe in words, but it is clearly a nice fit now.

Below is a photo of the rear strut brace in my coupe, and nicely houses the battery.

CIMG1615.JPG

CIMG1616.JPG

duane_sword

Reaction score
Apparently Richard Conway (of RC Motorsports) only made a limited run of the front strut braces for the E9 and the previous owner (who was the original owner) was lucky to get one.

Now I have a front brace and the rear strut tower brace , the suspension is tied up about as well as one can for a street cat ( without going to a full cage).

I have heard stories of just how flexible the E9 chassis is. Is it true or a myth that you can break a windshield by jacking the car up on one corner with a door open?

The reason the front strut tower brace holes were re-done is that it seems that the orientation of the bolt holes were 90degrees out... correct orientation just not correct alignment... hard to describe in words, but it is clearly a nice fit now.

Below is a photo of the rear strut brace in my coupe, and nicely houses the battery.

CIMG1615.JPG

CIMG1616.JPG