FS: 15" BBS Mahle restored

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pretty big difference in those wheels. $850 worth? I guess depends how good you are at refurbishing wheels, those $250 wheels look like they need tons of work to get the the restored set.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Pretty big difference in those wheels. $850 worth? I guess depends how good you are at refurbishing wheels, those $250 wheels look like they need tons of work to get the the restored set.

I agree. That set on eBay... Oh my! I think that around $1,100 is a fair price for restored rare wheels. It costs around $80 to ship a set of 15's across the U.S. I'm not sure about shipping from the mother land.

Mahles aren't all that rare, but there is a heck of a lot less decent sets than say, a 17" bbs style 5. Also, most Mahles are 14".

With the Craigslist wheels, the thing to watch out for is the condition of the lips. Since the outer wheel would be polished, you can't just fill the curb rash and paint. You can pay to machine the lips, or have them welded and ground smooth before polishing.

As far as diy refinishing, lots of stance bros polish the wheels themselves. It costs around $100 a wheel to have it done. The gold paint is the easy part. Lastly, those center caps can get pricey if the chrome isn't up to snuff.

I planned on sporting 16" Mahles. I have a standing offer on this car for $800, but I just can't spend 6 hours going to fetch it. 16" Mahles are even more rare, at least in a 5x120 pattern.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5161314236.html

Lastly, some inspiration from forum member: Ulrich 3.0 CSA
attachment.php

Last edited: