Sold: 2x Refinished Sun visor sets. $150 shipped / set

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Edit: Dropped the price down to $150 shipped. Per recommendation, I ordered SEM vinyl paint and gave them several coats. New pictures below, as well as original.

216D1228-3332-4DC0-863D-1F38E43ABBFA.jpeg

3E431D7D-32DB-4C5C-98AD-554BA8B6EF20.jpeg

26FEA83A-23F8-4EFB-A5DE-D78044AEFB5D.jpeg

Hi Folks:

I have two sets of original visors. The mounts are all cracked. I’m basing the price on very similar core condition visors sold by @craterface in April for $200. I recommend buying aluminum/brass pivots from @Frankie123. Also, Carl Nelson may have used or spare visor pivots if yours are bad.

4FB6A660-569C-47C5-9191-E7FB82164D8D.jpeg

Visors are $200 shipped. Due to COVID, I am prioritizing US buyers to avoid shoulder
to shoulder lines at the post office.

First set, no major stains, and are in very good shape. Vinyl is faded/yellowed. Recommend spraying them. Sourced from my CSI.
653E3FCA-B086-42CD-B00C-73A2ED37606D.jpeg

76E3867D-A4C5-4D45-B965-83190E8E1592.jpeg

Zoomed in on a defect or maybe a tear. There is no lifting and it doesn’t seem torn so I thought maybe a defect. Not noticeable (see pic above) but worth mentioning.
7DEDB7FE-BFC4-43D1-9592-166FECEF6FE6.jpeg

Second set. Also good condition. One of the pins has the rubber peeling off. Pins pull out if you want to work with them. I recommend dipping them in a white rubber coating (see follow up post). This set was sprayed in their past life, the color has a grey tinge to it. You can scrub off the spray, or recoat them. I recommend spraying them. Sourced from my 2800CS.

E3DBF0D7-2E70-4E20-8250-20094EA008D6.jpeg

Here you can see where I scrubbed some of the paint. The lighter color is the original vinyl.
A63D9681-82D2-45A5-9264-971EF270B567.jpeg

B6988B81-01DE-4053-86F2-FB3AD772414D.jpeg

Last edited:

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
How do you remove or secure the metal pin that goes into the visor part itself? My visor does not hold up. It keeps falling down by rotating inside the visor. I’ve tried to tighten that screw but that did not help. So I wonder if it is stripped. If that is the case, then I would be very interested in purchasing one of your driver side ones if it stays up.
Of course I do understand The part about the broken plastic thingy.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
How do you remove or secure the metal pin that goes into the visor part itself? My visor does not hold up. It keeps falling down by rotating inside the visor. I’ve tried to tighten that screw but that did not help. So I wonder if it is stripped. If that is the case, then I would be very interested in purchasing one of your driver side ones if it stays up.

Not sure. I’m not going to mess with mine but I know the end of the steel elbow is just a pointed rod. The little rubber mounting pins just pull out.

Visors are sold as a set but feel free to resell the other side.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Spent $46 on two cans of paint. Yaaay! Tried Autozone, O’Reilly, and Napa to no avail. Waiting on Amazon. Stay tuned!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not so funny story. I was putting my "about as good as these" elephant skins on a high shelf yesterday. One slipped from my grasp and wafted ever so slowly down to the floor. For the few moments that it took to fall, I thought "it will be fine, it is so light and it falls so gracefully". Then it hit the floor at just the right spot and shattered. :( Didn't someone do these in actual leather? I thought I saw a photo of that.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Found the answer to my question in this thread:
I had to read it with Chrome instead of Safari to get around the usual Photobucket nastiness. So I was able to fix my visors. Thank you Mark.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I never, ever detach my visors from their clips. 46 year old plastic tips break off. My understanding, new visors are in your future. Please confirm if this is not the case.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I never, ever detach my visors from their clips. 46 year old plastic tips break off. My understanding, new visors are in your future. Please confirm if this is not the case.

Me? I’ll be using CSL visors. I bought machined hinge brackets from @Frankie123 as an insurance policy. Mine are ok though.

Just a reminder to folks, the hinge brackets on these visors are done for.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

Hi @Bmachine,

I have a buyer for the passenger side. I’m open to splitting the set. Shoot me a PM.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Markos, if you don't have a buyer, let me know ... i'm in. if they are committed, no worries