FS: 73 2002 Tii Touring- Back on the market

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Let me know when it goes live on BaT so I can delete the ad here, they will search and find it.
I'm going to try and sell it off BaT first. I'd love to see the car go to a local enthusiast or at minimum a BMW enthusiast that will take it to the next level. A few people have messaged me so hopefully it will go the local/enthusiast route.

Last edited:

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
To any interested parties. I just took about 80 underside shots. DM me for details. Lots of detail shots of the seams and upper fenders and shock towers. The car is a revelation. It has zero structural rust and hardly any surface rust. Remarkable.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
this is a really nice car ... no question about it. sure there are some little things, but overall its just so original

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wish I had the room and some extra car money (our kitchen remodel killed that for a while) to buy your car. I love everyone about it.

This was at our local BMW C&C last weekend. Very interesting little car (I'd rather have yours)...

IMG_0553.jpg
IMG_0550.jpg
IMG_0551.jpg
IMG_0570.jpg

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congratulations on the sale, but also on all of the beautiful work you did to polish up such a wonderfully original car for all to see and admire.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yes, it came out great aside from the things you just can't undo on 50 yr old failing paint. It's a joy to me to shed a little love on such a deserving, unappreciated gem. I DO think the Touring will come into it's own and not be seen as the ugly sister to the "normal" 2002. I mean look at that beautiful Italian a**!

Michelotti does not pen ugly cars and the more time you spend around them, the more attractive they become. At least to my thinking...

DCZ_0090.jpg
DCZ_0121.jpg

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wait people said they are ugly? No way!!!
They don't "say" it but imply that's its just a little too "something" out of the ordinary. Even the eventual buyer saw it in passing at the Brisbane 02 fest but didn't walk over to look at it. It's when you spend time with the car and look at the details that you begin to "get it" and appreciate the looks, design and what it actually represents which is THE 1st Hot Hatchback..Be damned to the VW GTi.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wait people said they are ugly? No way!!!
As with with the Z3 Coupe (Clownshoe) back in the mid 1990's, the 2002 Touring had a similar reaction.
Back when I had my 2002, there were some fellow 02 drivers that really did not like the (as they called it) 'Hatchback'. LOL