FS: '73 for $99k asking

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's a nice car, with some neat stuff in the engine compartment, but it doesn't hold a candle to Duane Swords' car IMHO. I have no knowledge of what Duane spent, but I bet it also around 100k. Duane's car is simply immaculate top to bottom.
To me it looks like a 40k dollar coupe plus a 3.8 conversion. It doesn't cost 60k to drop a 3.8 in a coupe, so the price is more than what a buyer could build one for., which makes no sense.
I hope I am wrong, and the seller gets his price, but I think not.
Scott

Not sure how the thumbs down got there, but I must have accidentally hit something!!

Last edited:

TodB

Reaction score
coupe

Agreed, this is no where near a $99k car. I'd would like to hear more about the motor and what chassis work was done.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can't get beyond the air dam, wheels, rear bumper delete, seats and many other items but anyone who knows me understands.

:)

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
I genuinely wish the seller the best of luck with this resto-mod. But I do hope this doesn't get on BAT where the P Car guys will feed on it for months.

jmackro

Reaction score
Gee, for $99,000.00 you ought to get better fitting carpets and a toolbox.

927_p23_f.jpg

927_p37_f.jpg

I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but this beholder doesn't get the hognosed front spoiler, or eye patch over the inner L headlight:

927_p2_f.jpg

shanon

Reaction score
has presence

Saw this car years ago when I started mine. Awesome. But just not for everyone.
You should have seen the builder's desk, my new CS 'office' chair would be perfect. ;-)

GLWS

rb1971

Reaction score
You should have seen the builder's desk, my new CS 'office' chair would be perfect. ;-)

One of the parts from the desk ended up in my car since it was unobtanium at the time (and my slightly less nice one went on the desk). That had to be the most unusual place I sourced a part for any car in my life.