FS 74 3.0 CS Family Hierloom

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Posting underside shots would be useful if you can. Inner fenders,etc. Take a point and shoot under the dash by the fuse panel is another good area to highlight. Like the resolution of the shots you have posted, but more would be nice….such as what is under those seat covers.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Unless I am mistaken, this car is sold - a very entertaining member (I'm sure he'd like this description) on another auto-make forum appears to have bought this one.... I'm hoping that he starts posting here.

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hear car is in the care of a fellow early 911 registry member. Sure its in good hands.

BMW Porsche guy

Reaction score
74 3.0CS baton pass

I'm the lucky fellow who ended up with this car. Since it's been back in its home town it's quite happy and even seems to be running better.

I can't say enough about my purchasing experience with the seller. A gentleman of the highest order for sure. His father was my dad's boss in the '60's so this was like a providential, weird e9Harmony hook up. I'm basking in rainbows, unicorns, and kittens right now.

Besides enjoying the car immensely I'm also looking forward to being a blood sucking leech in this community until I get up to speed. Hopefully I'll have something to give back one day. At this point I'm afraid all I have to offer is jocularity and beer.
Thanks again to Scott D. for helping with this.

Here are some pics prior to full anal retentive detailing procedure. Like the favorite old uncle amongst the Porsches.

Attachments

• 74 3.0CS 1.jpg
    74 3.0CS 1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 74 3.0CS 2.jpg
    74 3.0CS 2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 74 3.0CS 3.jpg
    74 3.0CS 3.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 74 3.0CS 4.jpg
    74 3.0CS 4.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 197

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What a great story - I wish they all turned out this way. Welcome to the e9 gruppe-lots of members here to help. e9Harmony - lol.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome. The e9 has not escaped the gaze of many vintage Porsche enthusiasts who appreciate its lines and performance and also want a grand touring machine which will only appreciate as time goes on.

jamesw

Reaction score
Great addition to the group! Welcome. Now, about this oil leak on my 993...

I agree that a lot of really cool cars came out of WEST Germany in 71-75 and the E9 sure is one of them and so is the 911. Two totally different cars with different design objectives but very similar prices back then. The p-cars sure did shoot up recently though - compared to the E9s.

Cheers
James

BMW Porsche guy

Reaction score
I will say one thing: You guys are spoiled with the prices of your cars and parts. it's like everything is 70% off ALL OF THE TIME.

Reminds me of the 911 market...

about 12 years ago.

What's NOT on sale is metal work and paint. Whether it's a 911, XKE, or e9, it all costs the same. That's why I was waiting (and willing to pay more) for a rust free/crash free car. Lots of $20k derelicts out there but then I would have spent another $20 in coachwork alone. Throw in interior and mechanical and suddenly it's no wonder asking prices are North of $65k for restored examples.

Cheers to all of you. Thanks for the warm invite to the party.

scottd

Reaction score
Congrats on the car. It's in great hands.

(Oh, and don't let BMW Porsche Guy's modesty fool you. He is a very knowledgeable guy, and a great humorist to boot.)

Scott