FS: Euro E9 dashboard and body trim!!!

mojojoy

Reaction score
Sold $ plus shipping for all. Located in San Jose, ca. Will be at SoCal vintage and can deliver.
Helping my friend sell this. Just arrived from Germany.

See pictures of what’s included. Don’t hesitate to ask any questions!!!
Daniel
Mojojoy at gmail

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
its a lot of money, but ... i actually think its reasonable if the metal pieces are as good as they appear to be at glancing at the photos. we know that a perfect dash can be worth 2k, gauges (even in Km) are worth several hundred, as are the belt trims in reasonable shape ... then there are the sill trims which are also worth several hundred. the only downside is getting the door wood to match the dash wood.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
its a lot of money, but ... i actually think its reasonable if the metal pieces are as good as they appear to be at glancing at the photos. we know that a perfect dash can be worth 2k, gauges (even in Km) are worth several hundred, as are the belt trims in reasonable shape ... then there are the sill trims which are also worth several hundred. the only downside is getting the door wood to match the dash wood.

Agreed - The price for everything is fair market value. It costs $2K to have Just Dashes re-do your vinyl. The dash isn’t perfect but it’s close.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Agreed - The price for everything is fair market value. It costs $2K to have Just Dashes re-do your vinyl. The dash isn’t perfect but it’s close.

Off-topic, but anyone have pics of a JD dash redo? Curious how close to OEM it looks.

WIsh I can ante up for this package but don't have $3k+ right now.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had Just Dash do mine, very recently, it was not $2000 maybe there price went up? (1500 plus shipping)
I will get some photos next week, looks perfect
A couple other people here in the NW had theirs done also

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had Just Dash do mine, very recently, it was not $2000 maybe there price went up? (1500 plus shipping)
I will get some photos next week, looks perfect
A couple other people here in the NW had theirs done also

Thanks Mark, I must have been off. So $1,600 or so depending on where one lives. I won’t misquote the price for Bela’s fine work but you will be over $2,000 if you need your wood refinished also...

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Right, you said the vinyl dash was 2k, it was 1.5 plus apprx 160 shipping
I bought wood from Bela and was over 1k and looks great, as you pointed out this set doesn't have the door wood
I agree, 3k for the set is a fair price

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
it kind of depends on whether you need the metal or not. the metal is worth 500 +/- depending on the actual condition. belt trim is worth $200 if it needs to be refinished and that costs 600+ dollars to strip, repolish + ceramic coat ... so if it is in very good to excellent shape, it is worth 300+ bucks alone. the 4 pieces of stainless sill trims are easily worth 150 to 200 depending on condition - scratches can generally be polished out ... but to buy new will cost you 1000 bucks.

@teahead, i have heard success stories of JD ... and i have heard stories of significant time and not worth the expense ... one very reputable restorer wouldn't use it after he got them back.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
which parts are stainless steel? I think see the part on the top of the door, below the window, I don't see the part just aft of those (1/4 panel)
On my car those are brass and chrome plated, so you can't really buff them out
I am trying a new chrome place, I will let you know how they work out

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
A bit pricy at $3000..
The pictures show a set of stainless steel door interior sill . Two for each side , so one side is missing...
W&N new set of belt trim cost about $960.
I bought the front from the them. The quality is excellent. In fact I think it is BMW original.
Dashes only does a set for about $1500. A new set of wood done by Bela is about $ ??? Don’t know but I think is 700 or so

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The pictures show a set of stainless steel door interior sill . Two for each side , so one side is missing...

What I see is a set of belt line trim and inner door sills, one for each side. I believe you are referring to the outer door sills, which don’t appear to be part of this ad.

W&N new set of belt trim cost about $960.
I bought the front from the them. The quality is excellent. In fact I think it is BMW original.

As Scott mentioned the trim in this ad appears to be in very good condition. FWIW, there have been a number of complaints about BMW replacement belt line trim:

https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/belt-line-trim.19919/

Dashes only does a set for about $1500. A new set of wood done by Bela is about $ ??? Don’t know but I think is 700 or so

If we are going to pick apart Daniel’s ad, let’s be fair. Your alternative seems like a good option for folks with good cores, which not everyone has. In the last 45 days or so I’ve seen a flood car listed and an e9 project with a dash that exploded in the sun. I also think you are overlooking the instrument cluster which seems to go anywhere from $300 to $900 used depending on the seller. Using your numbers and mine: $1,000 shipped for new belt line trim, $300 for replacement gauges, $100 to ship your dash to JD, $1600 shipped back from JD, $700 from Bela (excluding shipping) = $3,700 (with door wood). Add another ~$550 shipped for new inner sills from W&N (@ $280 ea) and. you are well over $4,000.

My take is that belt line prices are 100% subjective but regardless of the purchase price, having it polished puts you at new prices. If this trim above is show-ready then the price is on par with both new and restored trim. That leaves $2K for a clean dash which is FMV. My only issue with the dash above is that the gauge cowl is a bit lumpy where it meets the dash.

Anyone who needs a complete dash needs to factor in another $450 for under dash panels at ~ $150 ea, and another $150 - $300 for console sides.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
o_O, ;):), I agree with you to great extent Markos!
The only difference is that in my numbers you would end up with new or professionally (pehaps better than new) pieces . To be fair I have to to include my assumptions which is : you already have the gauges , and dash core to restore wood and dash.

Also my comparison Shipping will be higher than buying this option. Also you left out cost of De-Anodising (before you can polish properly ) and cost of polishing . I would not leave a polish aluminum unprotected , I would either chrome them or Anodize them after polishing. There are very few places that can do bright Anodizing which will be close to the factory. Most Anodising services available for auto industry or classic car enthusiasts can do good job but the finish is a lot duller than Factory. All and all if there is no core available then it is not a bad deal perhaps. But what would you do with the bottom piece .

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Tony,

i would not recommend buying new belt trim from BMW. i bought a pair of rear trims at a cost of 250 for the pair ... and when i went to put them on a year or so later ... they were no where close to being able to fit. the shape is wrong at the curves and can't even be bent to fit. i have no idea about the other pieces. i recommend refinishing - speedway charges about $700+/- to refinish a full set.