FS-Lucas driving lights

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
now Sold.

Hello again,
As promised in the other thread, here is a pair of Lucas driving lights. They were installed by a previous owner so I don't have much info on them. I don't know how old they are but they're in very good condition - please see the photos. They are about 6" across and the wiring goes down the mounting post so they are nice and hidden. No wires, switches or relays included, just the two lights. The pricing reflects the fact that I don't know if these are OEM or replicas. A search of British car forums was inconclusive - one thread said that not having the model number molded into the glass means they're replicas, but another post refuted it. I don't know, either way: they work and they look nice.

$100 + shipping (from NH). Please respond by PM if you're interested.

Give your car an excited look!

Last edited:

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was asked a few questions about these lights...
The chrome is all good, no pitting, just not thoroughly cleaned. They're presented in as-taken-off-my-bumper condition.
The internal reflectors are not peeling or discolored, any appearance of such is a reflection of the room.
The bottom of the posts (ie: the angle of the post) are adjustable.
I don't know the size/type of bulb. I will open it up and take a look. But, attached is a photo of the type of bulb socket used. This is from ebay - unfortunately, they didn't list the bulb that is used for this fitting.

Attachments

• lucas2.jpg
    lucas2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 120

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone have or know where to find (part number?) the stiffener angle mounted inside the front bumper under the driving lights.

I only have one under one of the lights and the other flexes and bounces up and down when driving making for an anoying jittery light beam at night when they are turned on. Awhile ago I had wedged a piece of wood blocking under it which helped a little.

Thanks,

Doug

loloe13

Reaction score
51111811253 for left
51111811254 for right
item 2
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=7011&mospid=47806&btnr=63_0513&hg=63&fg=15

is this the part?

Gavin

Does anyone have or know where to find (part number?) the stiffener angle mounted inside the front bumper under the driving lights.

I only have one under one of the lights and the other flexes and bounces up and down when driving making for an anoying jittery light beam at night when they are turned on. Awhile ago I had wedged a piece of wood blocking under it which helped a little.

Thanks,

Doug