FS: Manual CSL Steering Box

PasadenaRoss

Reaction score
This is the correct part# ending in 108. See pictures.

**NO LONGER FOR SALE AS OF 8/26/19**

CSL Steering Box 4.JPG
FullSizeRender (8).JPG

Thanks,

Ross

Attachments

• CSL Steering Box 1.JPG
    CSL Steering Box 1.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 109
  • CSL Steering Box 2.JPG
    CSL Steering Box 2.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 99
  • CSL Steering Box 3.JPG
    CSL Steering Box 3.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
@PasadenaRoss,

Wearing my “concerned citizen” hat, not a moderator hat. You aren’t violating any forum rules.

With that said, you have been a member since 2010 and your only messages are to sell this steering box. It has gone from $825, to $1,500, and now $1,800. I don’t usually comment on prices, but one typically reduces the price when something doesn’t sell. You are currently about $800 over market value on your steering box. From an optics perspective, it looks like you are trying to capitalize on the perceived cash flow of your average CSL owner.

These boxes cost 400-600€ (average) In Germany (EBay and co) @Markos has been quite generous with his $1000 estimate.

Keshav

These boxes cost 400-600€ (average) In Germany (EBay and co) @Markos has been quite generous with his $1000 estimate.

Keshav

I was referring to market value on the forum. @Mario L. had his listed for around $900 to $1,000 not that long ago. He is a vendor and likely has some type of return/satisfaction policy as well. I paid 400€ for mine 6 months ago, obviously with no guarantee or support.

I bought a new one within @Keshav's estimate and that included freight and insurance from Germany to Australia.
The ad also doesn't mentioned if this is re-conditioned or not.
Not trying to be picky just show that the price is a little off.

I bought a new one within @Keshav's estimate and that included freight and insurance from Germany to Australia.
The ad also doesn't mentioned if this is re-conditioned or not.
Not trying to be picky just show that the price is a little off.

Yours was a brand new RHD unit, almost impossible to find, specially new. The LHD used ones are far more common being found on E3’s and Euro 2.5CS too and therefore cheaper.
These manual boxes are quite sturdy so it’s unlikely that one finds/ needs a re-conditioned one.

Reactions: Wes
@PasadenaRoss,

Wearing my “concerned citizen” hat, not a moderator hat. You aren’t violating any forum rules.

With that said, you have been a member since 2010 and your only messages are to sell this steering box. It has gone from $825, to $1,500, and now $1,800. I don’t usually comment on prices, but one typically reduces the price when something doesn’t sell. You are currently about $800 over market value on your steering box. From an optics perspective, it looks like you are trying to capitalize on the perceived cash flow of your average CSL owner.

Hi Markos,

I hope you don't take offense to my words, but .........

Certainly didn't mean to offend anyone, rip anyone off, nor am I trying to "capitalize" on anything. Lastly I haven't "perceived" a single thing about the CSL owner. Someone can offer what they feel they want to pay. I can accept or decline. 2010 and now, that's nearly a decade, things become harder to find and that means prices go higher, not lower, but that's only my experience with most any rare part or car I've bought. Things may very well be different on this board.

Most importantly you are assuming I have been trying to sell this box since 2010, it is NOT the same box. This makes the 3rd I've owned. I had decided to keep this for my dream Coupe project, and as of a couple of years ago, this project may not happen for awhile. This particular box SOLD last year to someone in Holland for $1300 when I listed it for $1500, I received numerous inquiries after I sold it from people who wanted it at $1500. The deal was a mess with the buyer never claiming the package and I refunded his $$ and got the box back.

As for market value of this box, doesn't "the market" set that? Someone PMd me from FB today that Mario Langsten at VSR has one available for about the same price as this. If someone needs/wants it, they'll buy it.

If you prefer I remove the ad please let me know and I will take it down. It's just not good to assume. Had I known this was the sentiment here, I wouldn't have posted. I have been somewhat of a lurker here for years and have learned a lot from the vast knowledge that accumulates here, the intent wasn't to offend.

It is unfortunate that a simple for sale ad can be hijacked like this. By the way, I paid $1000 for this box in 2013, the one I listed here for $825 in 2010, sold on ebay to someone in France for $1100. I've never known of anyone being offended in the vintage car world by someone making a profit on a car or part, especially after some time.

Assumptions can be poison. All the best to you.

Hi Markos,

I hope you don't take offense to my words, but .........

Certainly didn't mean to offend anyone, rip anyone off, nor am I trying to "capitalize" on anything. Lastly I haven't "perceived" a single thing about the CSL owner. Someone can offer what they feel they want to pay. I can accept or decline. 2010 and now, that's nearly a decade, things become harder to find and that means prices go higher, not lower, but that's only my experience with most any rare part or car I've bought. Things may very well be different on this board.

Most importantly you are assuming I have been trying to sell this box since 2010, it is NOT the same box. This makes the 3rd I've owned. I had decided to keep this for my dream Coupe project, and as of a couple of years ago, this project may not happen for awhile. This particular box SOLD last year to someone in Holland for $1300 when I listed it for $1500, I received numerous inquiries after I sold it from people who wanted it at $1500. The deal was a mess with the buyer never claiming the package and I refunded his $$ and got the box back.

As for market value of this box, doesn't "the market" set that? Someone PMd me from FB today that Mario Langsten at VSR has one available for about the same price as this. If someone needs/wants it, they'll buy it.

If you prefer I remove the ad please let me know and I will take it down. It's just not good to assume. Had I known this was the sentiment here, I wouldn't have posted. I have been somewhat of a lurker here for years and have learned a lot from the vast knowledge that accumulates here, the intent wasn't to offend.

It is unfortunate that a simple for sale ad can be hijacked like this. By the way, I paid $1000 for this box in 2013, the one I listed here for $825 in 2010, sold on ebay to someone in France for $1100. I've never known of anyone being offended in the vintage car world by someone making a profit on a car or part, especially after some time.

Assumptions can be poison. All the best to you.

No offense taken @PasadenaRoss. One of the benefits of the forum is education be it about restorations of parts availability. I feel like I know the market pretty well actually, both from a demand, wholesale, and retail perspective. That is why I gave you the benefit of the doubt at $800 over market value, knowing that I as well as a peer recently paid 4x less than your listing price. You call it a hijack, I call it forum education.

Anyway, good luck with your sale. There are plenty of buyers that won’t have an issue with your listing price. At least now they will buy your box knowing that they are prioritizing convenience or time over price.

No offense taken @PasadenaRoss. One of the benefits of the forum is education be it about restorations of parts availability. I feel like I know the market pretty well actually, both from a demand, wholesale, and retail perspective. That is why I gave you the benefit of the doubt at $800 over market value, knowing that I am a peer recently paid 4x less than your listing price. You call it a hijack, I call it forum education.

Anyway, good luck with your sale. There are plenty of buyers that won’t have an issue with your listing price. At least now they will buy your box knowing that they are prioritizing convenience or time over price.

Thank you Markos. All the best.

hi keshav,,,,how can i send you a pm,,,,,,i can not find this link ;-0 thaaaanks grtzzzzz john
Hey John,
I’ve sent u a pm, you can respond to that!

take care
Keshav

Last edited:
Back