FS: NOS BMW fuel tank

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
When I called BMW a few years back, I was surprised to learn that they had new fuel tanks available. They were very expensive, but there were a few to be had. I ordered one and anxiously awaited its delivery. When it arrived, I was shocked to see it was dented - unacceptable. I sent it back and asked for another one. A few weeks passed and a second one arrived. It was dented and had a lot of shelf burn - unacceptable. I sent it back and explained that this was for an important restoration, and that I need one that is perfect. Number three was sent, and we had a winner. Part number 16111110672. 70 liter tank. This has sat on a top shelf in my bone dry garage for a few years and is exactly as I received it. Now it can be yours. This is not a repro like WN sells. This is the genuine article - probably the last/only new BMW tank that is in this condition. I paid $1,291.13 plus shipping. Will sell it for $1,250 plus shipping to you. As a bonus, I'll include the foam surround, also genuine BMW part.
20240914-fuel tank 01.jpg20240914-fuel tank 02.jpg20240914-fuel tank 04.jpg20240914-fuel tank 06.jpg20240914-fuel tank 07.jpg20240914-fuel tank 08.jpg20240914-fuel tank 09.jpg20240914-fuel tank 010.jpg20240914-fuel tank 11.jpg

Blurb:
As many of you know, I have been collecting parts to use on my E9 project. That project has moved onto another chapter, and I am excited to offer my hoard of parts to fellow forum members. My hope is that these parts help others finish or improve their coupes and sedans. Moreover, I am excited that offering these parts on the forum provides me the opportunity to stay connected to the group, albeit in a different manner. Thank you for reading! Stephen

Will buy it also.
Please pm.
Will not be able to reply until Tuesday, as traveling.
Regards, Alberto

Last edited:
Hey, just a note to prospective buyers, and I'll start to put this in the posts for every part I list for sale. If you want to buy something I list, please post in the listing and ALSO send me a message. I am a strong believe in first come, first served. But it is now Tuesday and I haven't heard from the first responder for this tank. Meanwhile, I have had several others contact me with interest. Please help me help you all with these parts. It is the prospective buyer's responsibility to reach out to the seller to begin making arrangements.

Sorry for the grumpy post. But my dining room table is piled high with these large parts and I'd like to get things on their way before my wife starts to question things. THANK YOU! ;)

Hi Steve,

It might be important for some, not willing to check each part number that this fuel tank is expected to fit into pre-facelift cars so it should have been mounted from trunk side, not from the under the car as for facelift models but I might be wrong here.

BMW #1110672 part catalog showed:
1726601357091.png

Back