FS: Radiator, with A/C sensor bung.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a W&N radiator up for sale. Although new, it has a couple of idiosyncrasies. The upper hose elbow has been fabricated such that it lays a bit closer to the radiator body than the original. When fitted with a BMW hose, the clamp will fit but it barely touches the radiator. I imagine it could be tweaked such that it doesn't. Also, the elbow is a bit out of round as seen in the photos.

Read the thread where Don and I discussed this but please note that although his radiator didn't fit the hose, this one does accept the hose and clamp. I have used this radiator with a viscous clutch of the bolt-through design not spin-on, but I don't see how this would be different than the stock BMW radiator in terms of space for the spin-on clutch.

I'd hate to throw this way since I'm sure it can be made to work so I'm offering it for $75 plus shipping (around $25-30 depending on location, USPs Priority). Note that a new one from W&N is ~$250 and twice that from BMW

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15904&highlight=radiator

IMG_3099.JPG

IMG_3100.JPG

P1100999.JPG

P1110002.JPG

P1110003.JPG

P1110006.JPG

P1110001.JPG

Might help here- radiator shops have a unique tool for adjusting that neck.
Quick and simple. 5-10 bucks and ok to go.
Keep in mind there is no provision for a fan shroud either at top or bottom on my radiator.
Also- the top is 2" vs a standard 1.5" so a spin on fan clutch will be an issue.
For the right car though this is a "cool" deal.....

Picture #6 the flat top piece of metal that is horizontal
Does that make sense?
That's the section that the thin middle strap going from the top to the bottom in the middle of the radiator ties into in pic #1 and pic#2.
The core of the radiator is centered on the frame of the radiator resulting on a offset on both sides and a overhang of metal at the top [on that top piece] that makes it so hard to use a spin on fan clutch. I guess a solution could be to diegrind the top to relieve where the fan blades go.

Picture #6 the flat top piece of metal that is horizontal
Does that make sense?
That's the section that the thin middle strap going from the top to the bottom in the middle of the radiator ties into in pic #1 and pic#2.
The core of the radiator is centered on the frame of the radiator resulting on a offset on both sides and a overhang of metal at the top [on that top piece] that makes it so hard to use a spin on fan clutch. I guess a solution could be to diegrind the top to relieve where the fan blades go.

dont think so, don,
i have the same radiator and no need to diegrind anything, the core is not centered, but placed frontwards

You are correct dequincey- the core is forward. I just looked at it and there is no doubt.
Good eyes on you.

Back