FS Spin on oil filer adapter

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
I now have enough people who have stepped up to do another run. If interested let me know as I will order them tomorrow for delivery 2-3 weeks out.

They will fit any M30 motor with a 3.5” diameter can. I can provide them to fit either a top or bottom bolted can. One picture is of the parts provided and the other is what a complete unit looks like assembled. These will also work with a filter head that provides for an oil cooler. They use a Fram PH8a filter or any other that fits a 460” Ford motor.

$150 shipped in the USA

Attachments

• filter parts.jpg
    filter parts.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 174
  • Complete filter unit.jpg
    Complete filter unit.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

dj_efk

Reaction score
Hi Bert,

I have an oil temp gauge currently plugged into the sump pan drain bolt, however in this location it's not getting an accurate reading. I see you have two ports for an oil cooler so what size / thread of bolt would fit in those and would either port be suitable for this application (i.e. would they get a good flow of oil going past the tip of the sender) do you think?

Thanks

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had the fittings for the oil cooler lines in hand when I had my hoses made. So, I do not know the size of what ever you would need to block one off.

Many of the E24 guys take a feed off the end of the regular filter head to accomplish what you are looking for. In fact, a friend of mine in Canada has fitted a T coming out of the rear of the filter head that both lubricates his turbo and controls his oil gauge. So I am thinking that there would be enough oil to the sensor to accomplish what you need

Last edited:

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Paul

Yes I can do the adater for the top bolt unit.I need to make them in batches of 5. I have 4 guys who have paid and are waiting. If you are in let me know and I will then have them cut. Delivery will be 2-3 weeks

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bert,

IF you will add one more to your production - I'll be 'in'. Let me know how to pay you (in advance, I assume). Mine is a top bolt filter. I double checked this evening.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Bert,

I have an oil temp gauge currently plugged into the sump pan drain bolt, however in this location it's not getting an accurate reading. I see you have two ports for an oil cooler so what size / thread of bolt would fit in those and would either port be suitable for this application (i.e. would they get a good flow of oil going past the tip of the sender) do you think?

Thanks

Sory I never responded to your post

The canister I show is the one on my car which is a factory oil cooler setup.

Those ports are for the in and out lines to/from the cooler.

What the E24 guys are doing is to drill and tap a port on the end of the filter housing and put the sender in there.

Last edited:

buddha

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello Bert,

Please add me to the list...payment sent. Mine is a bottom-bolt, 3.5" diameter can. Thanks.

Miller

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello Bert:

I'll take an adapter, I have a '74, bottom bolt can. If you have one ready to ship, I will pay by Paypal. Thanks.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello Bill

I just ordered a run and will change it to include you.

Then will be ready next week and I will ship by weeks end. If itt will take a few days more, I will let you know

Please paypal now to .......... [email protected] as the other fellows on the list are all paid up

Bert 480 650 7167

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
All I oredered are spoken for. They will be ready next week. If someone else wants to jump in by tomorrow, I can add them to the order.

remember I have to know if you have a 4” or 3.5” can top or bottom bolt.