FS - staggered bbs rs 005 wheels

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
guys, a friend of mine here in Atlanta is selling a set of 16" BBS wheels. they look pretty nice and reasonably priced. if you are interested, drop me a line. they will be sold without tires

Attachments

• bbs staggers.jpg
    bbs staggers.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 297
  • bbs-1.jpg
    bbs-1.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 266
  • bbs-4.jpg
    bbs-4.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 239
  • bbs-5.jpg
    bbs-5.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 220
  • bbs-6.jpg
    bbs-6.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 216

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yes - staggered offsets, if you look at the title it says staggered ... and if you look at the pix, one shows et 11 and the other et 24.

no Stan, they aren't white centers, they are the standard BBS aluminum color. i think its just a reflection of the daylight. nobody said that Kristian was a great photographer.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a set of these, stronger and lighter than cast Alpina/Ronals (but I prefer the Alpinas..) If original paint on the centers, they are similar but not quite Polaris. Here is an old photo of wheels on my Polaris - color is almost a match.
Hope that is helpful, GLWS.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have two RS0021 wheels, 8x16 et11. Will these wheels fit a coupe or is the offset too much? (not enough? However you want to look at it).

Not intending to hijack a thread...

Dan

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Dan,
from a quick mental calculation, I think dtortoise9 is correct. With the 7' et11 on my car, the outside comes close or contacts depending on the tires. From what I recall, the clearance to the strut is pretty close, so the added width of an 8" may make the inner clearance real tight.

dtortoise9

Reaction score
Clearence

Fronts that are 16 x 7 et11 will sometimes rub against the fenders unless the lips are rolled. I am pretty sure 16 x 8s will damage either the fender or tire or both. New lips are available for the outside to make the width smaller but may not be cost effective. Tire size can also be a problem.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
FS - staggered 16" BBS RS 005 wheels with polished lips

bump - these are still for sale - as several people have said, they look great on a coupe. look at the pix of m5bb's coupe

16 x 7 - et 11 and 16 x 8 - et 24. price is $1700 OBO, plus shipping from atlanta. these wheels have been professionally refinished.

if you are interested in buying, i would be happy to connect you with the seller in atlanta.

scott

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
good question ... i don't know the offsets for an e28. they should, but i don't really know.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
my logic might be all wacko, but isn't the question is more related to the width of the rim ... than just to the offset. if an 8" wide rim with a et20 or et24 is correct on an e28 w/ a 16" wheel. and if you wanted to leave the outer edge of the tire / wheel in the same location (to keep the steering geometry the same), then by subtracting 1/2" from each side (to get you to a 7" wide rim) ... wouldn't the correct offset dimension be approx. 12mm less. say et8 to et12?

when you think about it, our stock 14" wheels are the same size and same offset - front and rear. the offset only changes when you get a wider wheel ... so it doesn't either hit the strut or the fender.