Fuel filler seal

e30strube

Reaction score
Is there a gasket or some other seal where the filler neck goes through the body of the car? My car doesn't have anything, but that would seem like a place for water to get into the trunk. I didn't see anything on Realoem under fuel system, body work or trim.

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
I know the tank doesn't look the same, but it shows a part number... Interesting, as I'll need one once I'm at the assembly phase...
And there's a pic of mine before I take it out...

Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 9.40.40 AM.png

IMG_0137.jpg

e30strube

Reaction score
When looking up that part number, it appears to be the actual seal for the cap and not the seal in your picture. I'm guessing the part number that's needed is the one just below the number 3 piece that isn't numbered.

A Google search for gas tank filler neck grommet comes up with several options... something like this may actually work, but I will need to check the sizing.

https://www.fillernecksupply.com/19...UG00MAn0nPORR2hHSts3p3nUuIAuY95RoCQSQQAvD_BwE

Challenger_charger_coronet_satellite_road_rubber_daytona_super_bee_polara_sport_fury_Mopar_C_Body_B_Body_E_body_fuel_tank_filler_neck_grommet_seal__30247.1426210171.jpg