Fuel injection relays

Sportster

Site Donor
Reaction score
I need help! I have a 1972 RHD CSL that I bought about 3 years ago. I've now moved to Spain from the UK and have the time that I need to work on my projects (all 12 of them!) The CSL has been butchered a bit having had half of the front and half of the back cut off by a previous owner :shock: but as I have most of the parts needed I am going to restore it especially as the engine and body numbers match :D . What I need to know is the locations of all the relays that relate to the D-Jet fuel injection system. I have the blue book that gives wiring details but not locations. Any info (photos would be great!) will be welcome 8) .

Regards, Peter.

Hey Peter, welcome. The trigger points in the distributor bottom are as far as im aware responsible for firing the injectors. You can hear the injectors working if you push the TPS down with the injection on.

What chassis number is your csl? colour?

Regards,

Rohan

Chassis #

Hi Rohan, Chassis and engine #'s are 2285032. Colour is red.Must be one of the earliest surviving rhd CSLs :) . What i need is the location of the main relay, cold start relay and the fuel pump relay.

Regards, Peter.

the fuel pump relay is under the back right seat next to the brain. There are two other relays located next to the pressure sensor. One of them is fuel orientated and the other is....?????

The earliest rhd car 2285001 is in australia, ceylon and just been restored i think. the owner is a visitor here if i remember rightly.

you need to get yourself a manual and the search function here is very handy.

Regards,

Rohan

p.s. cant be many rhd csl's in spain!

Back