Fuse box replacement possibility

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here's a product that comes from the Porsche community.
Similar to our fuse boxes with spade fuses.
Might be something someone can use.

ReFuze 1965 - 1968 (911 and 912)
$200.00

Group_4+12.jpg

This ReFuze panel set has one twelve position panel as fitted to 1965-1968 911's and 912’s. The panel has internally ganged contacts identical to the OEM configuration. An original appearing protective cover is supplied with the panel

SELECT

jmackro

Reaction score
It would be great to put that under the hood and save our backs a little trauma, Also easier to find those fuses...

For e9's that never see moisture, I guess that would work OK.

In the Alfa community, cars pre ~1970 cars were built with their fuseholders underhood, while post ~1970 they were under the dash (like an e9). Underhood, the fuses get exposed to more moisture, and as such, have more corrosion problems. So the hot set-up on 1960's era Alfas is to relocate your fusebox from under the hood to under the dash.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's a product that comes from the Porsche community.
Similar to our fuse boxes with spade fuses.
Might be something someone can use.

ReFuze 1965 - 1968 (911 and 912)
$200.00

Group_4+12.jpg

This ReFuze panel set has one twelve position panel as fitted to 1965-1968 911's and 912’s. The panel has internally ganged contacts identical to the OEM configuration. An original appearing protective cover is supplied with the panel

SELECT

Gary, it is a lovely looking thing, but the back of our e9s fuse box is full of spades, it will be virtually a mess to put the cables on that board that you proposed
i am afraid

jmackro

Reaction score
Gary, it is a lovely looking thing, but the back of our e9s fuse box is full of spades, it will be virtually a mess to put the cables on that board that you proposed i am afraid

Yes, the Porsche-style holders have grub screws that attach to bare wire. For e9's a simpler (and cheaper) solution would be to use a universal Hella fuse holder like the one pictured below. These only cost ~$10 and come in different # fuse and terminal orientation configurations. Just don't let those pesky concours judges open your under-dash access door!

s-l640.jpg

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Gary, it is a lovely looking thing, but the back of our e9s fuse box is full of spades, it will be virtually a mess to put the cables on that board that you proposed
i am afraid
I didn't say I was using this, only showing it as a possibility for a car with maybe a melted fuse box and partial wiring harness. It's extremely well made and not cheap plastic. I got an original fuse box from a 35k mile car and it is like new. I have also added an auxiliary fuse box in my trunk where the battery is now located. It has fuses for the upgraded #10 wire to my E28 window motors and also for the electric fuel pump controller and my audio amp. It can handle 12 fuses but I'm only using 4 spots.
You can see photos here.

https://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/garys-avus-blau-3-0cs-rebuild.30706/page-3#post-253304