FYI: E9s racing soon in CA!

shanon

Reaction score
Howdy fellow E9ers,

Very likey 3 coupes racing against the Porsche's, Alfa's, Datsuns and
a couple big bore items this coming 3/31, 4/1/07 at Willowsprings (Southern California-Lancaster area) at VARA's "High Desert Challenge w/ a 2hr Enduro". VARA is a very nice, personable club with some FAST run groups. If you have questions or interest, this is a great club that is very approachable & supportive.

A white Grp 4, a black Grp 2, and my bros' silver 'former street car'
(I think its still street legal.....barely :twisted:) should be duking it out on the "Fastest Track in West".

So, if your out/up for a cruise, swing by, say hi, cheer 'em on, and take some pics for us!

-shanon
(I'd go but I don't think the Mrs. would like to spend her B-Day weekend at the track.. :shock:)

willow

Was hoping to see shawn or you at california speedway this last weekend,The black grp2 car was there and looking great,he was passing cars like they were parked until he had a problem and had to stop.I'm getting closer on my coupe should be ready sometime soon.
Cheers! :D

He was planning on being there but car wasn't quite ready to start the season yet. Last year when he and the black Grp 2 were there, the two had an E9 freight train flyin' around the oval. The in car-video showed the speedo needle all the way into the odometer...... :shock:

Willow Springs should be a good measure of what can be 'created' from a basic CS w/ a radical NA M30 compaired to former Grp2/4 cars running modern twin cams and huge rubber.

We're getting pretty close....watch ya mirrors fellas :twisted:

FYI: Check out the latest edition of the Roundel for coverage the Essex Flying Circus at the 25hr of Thunderhill. The classic ol' 2002 does well and ran flawlessy.

-shanon

Unkind motor gods......

Howdy E9ers,

Thought I'd give an update as to the Willow Springs event this weekend...well, the CS motor gods have not been kind to our three racing amigos, ALL 3 E9s WILL NOT BE RACING this weekend. The motor gremlins and Father Time have plagued all three cars and forced them out for this weekend.

So if you were planning on a desert trip this weekend, there won't be any CS' racing that we know of. Thought you'd like to know..... :cry:

-Essex Bros.

Thanks.......

.....for the update, Shanon, I was on the fence for this one as the Ides of April approaches, and would have been bummed to go and no Coupes. Not to mention being about $80 "lighter" with gas and incidentals. I'll wait until the British Extravaganza at Buttonwillow, so please keep us posted if the E9 Squadron will be there. It's an hour closer from Nipomo and a much easier day trip.

If anyone else is planning to go, there is a very fast contingent of 911's and lots of interesting machinery, from 2002's to Fiat-Abarths and some very quick Alfa GTV's. Also several classes of open wheel cars. Saturday has the most to offer with a 2 hour twilight enduro. For those not familiar with the group, check out vararacing.com for the schedule.

Back