G2 Bat Tribute at Silverstone

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Seems folks are tiring of the Bat recreations. I think they’re fun but need to be true-to-original or just outrageous. Unless there are undisclosed mods, the B10 seems wasted in this car & should be in a nice stealth driver. These need an outrageous blurrping engine over 500 HP that makes small children cry. I’d take the B10 & put it in my car & have @lafngrvy point me to a terror engine for this.

These are entirely subjective observations worth what you paid for them.

frogisland

Reaction score
Good friend of mine built this, he sold it at auction a year or two back just after he finished building it. It's more 'trackday' than 'race day'. Although it has many race orientated touches, there is too much that is 'road' based and it would be an expensive proposition to turn into a full race car. It was built very well from quite a solid car. He did investigate acquiring the HTP but the changes required made it prohibitive from a cost perspective.

The tri-colour is not compulsory ;) - and i too would like to see it in a different scheme, but that's just personal preference. It would make a great trackday come fast road car at what i think will be a sensible price. My guess is that it will sell for less than what it would cost one to build (assuming others did large parts of the work for you). Ready for it to change ownership again and the next person to enjoy.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender3.JPG
    FullSizeRender3.JPG
    297.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_3546.JPG
    IMG_3546.JPG
    304.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3759.JPG
    IMG_3759.JPG
    308.4 KB · Views: 125

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Good friend of mine built this, he sold it at auction a year or two back just after he finished building it. It's more 'trackday' than 'race day'. Although it has many race orientated touches, there is too much that is 'road' based and it would be an expensive proposition to turn into a full race car. It was built very well from quite a solid car. He did investigate acquiring the HTP but the changes required made it prohibitive from a cost perspective.

The tri-colour is not compulsory ;) - and i too would like to see it in a different scheme, but that's just personal preference. It would make a great trackday come fast road car at what i think will be a sensible price. My guess is that it will sell for less than what it would cost one to build (assuming others did large parts of the work for you). Ready for it to change ownership again and the next person to enjoy.

Looks like a heckuva lot of fun to rip around in as is. I get too into categorizing things, and I’d happily keep it as a “tweener.” It’s harder to price, but didn’t someone say, buying the race car is only 15% of what you spend to go racing regularly. Not being a full race car makes it much more accessible to many folks.

shanon

Reaction score
trackday vs raceday = a very slippery slope

This looks like a very nice build and agree that 'track day (Grp 1?)' and 'race day (Grp 2-5'?) builds are two different animals.

One must ask how will the car be 'enjoyed' most? How often to you want to drive it?

That being said, I consider a 'tweener' as a street legal, gentleman's weekend racer (Grp 1) that can be driven to the track, stopping at the market for 'supplies', enjoyed/flogged on the track harassing others with a sh*t eating grin, then driven to the pub afterwards to tell tall tales of the day's track battles....and maybe you'll drive it to work the next morning all numbered up from the weekend for more breakroom BS with the your gearhead coworkers...the build will likely bit a bit harsh for everyday use, but is doable, but never quite sharp enough to be in the front on track, but will show taillights to other 'road cars'. In short, you can use anytime

A race car (Grp2-5) will only see the track/paddock tarmac, garage/shop and trailers.....but will be tremendously fast, satisfying lovely beast that consumes many things...

My brother built a 'unique' E9 race car (no interior) with his own custom livery, I built a E9 'tweener' homage with a 'functional' interior and custom 4pt cage. Both are very satisfying to the owners and able to be on track together (ie: at certain event types), but how they get there, budgets and laptimes are very different.... ;)

20181222_143553.jpg