G'day from Sydney

Krautrocker

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good to be here.

Imported 72 CS from Italy a year ago. Added it to the CS Registry. Also lucky to have a couple of E3's on the go.

Cheers

Krautrocker

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok pics as requested... and some words... of course each of the cars are different characters.

The CS... It's LHD of course which attracts attention in Oz. Manual 4 speed. No sun roof or air con. Driving and fixing as I go. Motor not yet running as nice as I would like. Navy cloth interior. Original Italian basket weave 14inch rims. Has a lovely smell. 2212518 on the register with description. Fitted the Petri steering wheel, Pirelli CN36 tyres... feels delicate and balanced on the road. Gets lots of stares.

Green one is a 73 2500 Automatic. Had been languishing in a field under a tarp for over a year. Needs brakes. Got discs on order from Wollothnesch.
Interior a bit ragged but dry. Original block and head. Goes well. Sits really nice on the road. Found after chasing down parts for my other E3. After seeing it realised it had to be saved. Wind up windows. Steelies and hub caps. Interesting that BMW Classic pinned the Vin to a car painted Amazonasgrun but the tag in the engine bay says jadegrun. Nice history with this car. The paint on the car is battered and rusty on the surfaces but largely original. Might keep it like that.

Granatrot car is a 3.3L Automatic. Mechanically very good now. Just need to sort out the fast idle from cold on the zeniths. Running an electric fuel pump. Big black leather seats a little dry but bringing them back to life. Interior nearly perfect. Gets hot inside so want to get the air con working sometime. Sunroof powers up but doesn't move. Indicators really quiet, don't cancel well and dashboard blinker doesn't flash. Suspension, brakes and bushings all renewed. Likes to go hard and pulls strong. Corners well for a limo. The family like it. Saving up for the paint etc to be done properly. Maybe a colour change?

Attachments

• 391DA583-CCF0-4025-9F99-13CBB2A72384.jpeg
    391DA583-CCF0-4025-9F99-13CBB2A72384.jpeg
    453.1 KB · Views: 312
  • E3249535-74CB-4CB0-9B0F-D7675552BF3B.jpeg
    E3249535-74CB-4CB0-9B0F-D7675552BF3B.jpeg
    428.7 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0208.JPG
    IMG_0208.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_9244.JPG
    IMG_9244.JPG
    396.5 KB · Views: 280

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
That’s a very cool collection you have there.

Would be great to catch up again. What part of Sydney are you in btw, as I once saw your car in Brookvale?

Also a few of us Sydney E9ers meet up at the St Ives shorground event first Sunday of the month. The April meet is actually also on the BMW NSW club calendar so should be a few more BMs next time.

Krautrocker

Site Donor
Reaction score
That’s a very cool collection you have there.

Would be great to catch up again. What part of Sydney are you in btw, as I once saw your car in Brookvale?

Also a few of us Sydney E9ers meet up at the St Ives shorground event first Sunday of the month. The April meet is actually also on the BMW NSW club calendar so should be a few more BMs next time.

Mal, that's a great intro. I'm in Glebe. Didn't know about the E9ers. Would love to meet up with you guys in April.

Boobouna

Reaction score
Mal, that's a great intro. I'm in Glebe. Didn't know about the E9ers. Would love to meet up with you guys in April.

Definitely keen to see you bring one of the above to St Ives in April.
Was that granatrot 3.3L from Western Australia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krautrocker

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok!

The 3.3L was sold by a dealer in Perth to the gentleman in Central Coast that sold it to me.

Prior to that there is a historic vehicle log showing the car being enjoyed in Tasmania. Also it appears the car was ordered new from Tassie.

Just clocked 2000km on a round trip to VIC with this one.

See you in St Ives!

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ok!

The 3.3L was sold by a dealer in Perth to the gentleman in Central Coast that sold it to me.

Prior to that there is a historic vehicle log showing the car being enjoyed in Tasmania. Also it appears the car was ordered new from Tassie.

See you in St Ives!

Do you have any leads on the Tasmanian connection?
Could run them down for you if you want.

Boobouna

Reaction score
Ok!

See you in St Ives!

Would love to see the 3.3L at St Ives. Btw I love granatrot don’t change the colour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krautrocker

Site Donor
Reaction score
Do you have any leads on the Tasmanian connection?
Could run them down for you if you want.
Thanks Wes. Hunting down the historic log... I put it somewhere safe. Not sure if it says which car club... I do recall there is a note stating the original owner was a guy called Ron Carter who was the founder and one time owner of the caravan business now in Launceston. The selling dealer in Perth was someone called EMW (no typo).

Krautrocker

Site Donor
Reaction score
No sign of a tow ball surprisingly. Though I guess these cars must have been great towing vehicles back in their day. The company RC Caravans and Trailers are still operating. I tried mailing them but no reply.