Genuine Shelby Cobra - yours for a low $2,000,000

Who puts a car like that on ebay?

Also, I wonder how much of the original car is left? That's always my number one question with old race cars.

One of Reventlow's Scarabs (there were four) is in the Revs Institute in Naples, but the car has a replacement chassis and replacement body. After multiple racing accidents. So it is a facsimille of the original car, but has no patina.

On the other hand, the REVS has the most original D type Jag and Maserati Birdgcage and 917 Porsche in the world. Those to me are fascinating with all their bumps and bruises.

On the other hand, the REVS has the most original D type Jag and Maserati Birdgcage and 917 Porsche in the world. Those to me are fascinating with all their bumps and bruises.

Have you been to the Simeone museum in Philadelphia? You'd go bonkers.

A guy used to work for us that had a wrecking yard in the '70's, which means he basically had a license to steal. As he started making a lot of money he bought low mileage classics and enthusiast cars... '57 Chevy Bel Air convertibles, Corvettes, you name it. This was the '70's so he bought mostly '50's and '60's cars. I told him I'm not really into the American stuff, got anything I'd like? His answer was, "I have two cars you'd like! One is a small block Cobra." I said "Wow! What's the other car?" He said, "A big block Cobra!". He was offered $1.2 million for one of them about 15 years ago and declined.

I visited the original Siomeone when it was in a two story warehouse off South Street in Philadelphia. Same collection just lined up along the walls. We could walk around them, sort of free-wheeling. His docent/mechanic told us Ralph Lauren would stop in regularly to try and buy a Jaguar that was #1 to his #2. She told him, "Ralph, we don't want to own your company." Just kidding. The parts on shelves lining the walls were astonishing. My daughter took this photo, typical of the "parts" hanging from the ceiling.

Attachments

• 20210602_202232_resized.jpg
    20210602_202232_resized.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 122
Another place worth checking out. They have Ken Mile’s Cobra among other amazing vehicles.

Also, one of THE most amazing barn finds of all time. I read about it years ago but barnfinds did an expose.

Another place worth checking out. They have Ken Mile’s Cobra among other amazing vehicles.

Also, one of THE most amazing barn finds of all time. I read about it years ago but barnfinds did an expose.

Thanks! They featured Cobras one time at the Carillon Point car show, including a Daytona, and Peter Brock was there, didn't talk to him though

Cool, Boulder, I am sure my wife would LOVE to visit as part of our next ski trip.
Seriously, I have to work this in somehow

Back