German car day at Lars. Anderson

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Highlights for me were
1) Neal's BAT
2) goggmobile
3) finally meeting some of our famous NE coupesters.
Got into serious trouble at home by staying at the show too long but worth it to connect with The Maine and NH crowd

John

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
8, count 'em

8 E9s, must be some sort of record!
One Batmobile, one E9 Alpina, the patriotic 3 (Rob's red, stan's white and Tods, blue 9s)
A black and a sienna brown Plus the blue one John just acquired.

A plethora of 356 Posches

And the obligatory 300SL Gullwing.

The weather was nice, a bit overcast at times which, I think is good for photos.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It must have been one of those rare alignments of the stars..

The weather was nice, a bit overcast at times which, I think is good for photos.

So where are the photos?

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Camera was put away early. The lawn was filled to capacity by noon, don't let the photos fool you, attendance was good. I did more chitchatting than shutterbugging.
http://s751.photobucket.com/user/mad_kwyjibo/library/2013LarzA?sort=2&page=1

Highs-
Always good to catch up with fellow E9ers.
Met some familiar names here.
There is a "new" coupe owner here.
1st time that I've seen Mario L. at a car show.
randomly driving along an E30 wagon driving in the middle of Nowheresville NH.

Lows-
I never met the owner of the Sienna and only saw Mike (black coupe) when he was driving out. (Are you here, Mike?)
Stopped by Trader Joe's on the way out of town only to find out that my credit cards were hacked.

TodB

Reaction score
In addition to the 8 coupes that were there, there were at least 5 other coupe owners who where there but without their coupes for various reasons so there was good overall attendance, probably the best I've seen which is terrific.

This was a German car day so there were MBs, Audis, VWs, Opels, BMWs, Porsches, etc. The Larz crew puts on a good event and the weather held. I'll bet there were 4-500 cars in total - it was pretty packed. It was a good decision to push the newer cars to the lower lawn though some newer cars did sneak in up top.

• The Benz bus was very cool as was the Gullwing
  • There was an E28 5 series poorly misbadged as a M535i (nice try though)
  • Lots of nice '02s including a custom Inka built by our own Mario Langsten
  • John, who is also a coupe owner here, brought his stunning Tii
  • A very nice MB 280SE 3.5 convertible, one of my favorite cars
  • The Inka orange M1 was there along with an interesting CSL Bat. It would be nice to hear the history about the latter
Hard luck on the credit cards, Mako. Probably done by spoiled children of those Hanover people you insist on leaving near:-D.

Did anyone pick up my trophy?

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't recall seeing any Porsche 550's or

early speedsters... Stan, did you get over to the Stuttgart side of the entrance road?

John

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Early Porsches, part of my dream garage

Not sure how well or comfortable they are to drive but a PowerBall win would have me chasing that butter-yellow one with cash in hand!

Dino944

Reaction score
Definitely a great event. I don't recall ever seeing it so packed.
Everyone's E9s looked stunning!

The M1 was featured in Hemmings Exotic and Sports Car magazine a few years ago. IIRC it was originally owned by musician Christopher Cross. Met the owner at Ferrari New England a few years ago. Very nice guy.

TodB

Reaction score
Someone, I forget who, was looking for a limited slip at Larz. PM me and I'll forward along the email address of someone who might have a couple.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Someone, I forget who, was looking for a limited slip at Larz. PM me and I'll forward along the email address of someone who might have a couple.

Hi Tod,
I was talking to you about this at teh Starbucks beforehand. I'm looking for a 3.07 to match with the 3.5/CR gearbox. I'll PM you my contact info. THanks!