German Car Day at Larz Anderson (June 15)

duane_sword

Reaction score
The German Car Day at the Larz Anderson museum of transportation is a fun event, with Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Opel, Porsche, VWs and the odd special import or race-car typically shows up.

I have been to this event three times, seems to be getting bigger, particularly with the BMW crowd.

The museum is in Brookline, just outside of Boston... watch for potholes, they swollow entire coupes in these parts!

Hope to see a few coupes there this year.

[Broken External Image]:http://www.larzanderson.org/images/museum_front.jpg

http://www.larzanderson.org/Topics/Topic.cfm?TopicName=Lawn Events&CFID=1196384&CFTOKEN=23447705

acat2002

Reaction score
thanks for the reminder. Planning on going, but am a little worried that I'll just be tempted to hemorrhage more $$$ on my CS if I'm parked next to Duane's car! (or all the other fine examples that I hope will attend)

gpetrus

Reaction score
Since I was so warmly welcomed at the V@V in North Carolina among so many fellow Coupe owners from Georgia, N.C., and VA - I think it would be great to see cars from the Southeast represented in New England.

Some of the other great driving attractions outside the show would be a trip thru the Ted Williams tunnel, after all you help pay(through the nose) for it. Or, since it is past Memorial Day, visit the famed rotarys(traffic circles) of Cape Cod. This is a unique oppurtunity to put your life and your Coupe's in jeapordy at under 35mph in a continuous left turn. Or for a high speed challenge tour the famed Rt128 that gives the same hair raising experience of Atlanta's 7 lane interstates condensed into only 3. Really, I don't know how I could make this more appealing. See ya there.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Too bad German Car day is not a Saturday, then we could do the "Cruise to the Cottage in NH Saturday night and cookout Sunday!

It is a lot of driving but we could do a Cottage Cruise on Sat then head down?

Or wait till October and do it the day before Show & Shine, but by then too cold to swim...

Thoughts?

duane_sword

Reaction score
Hi Stan, I am definitely going.... weather permitting I will be there in the coupe preferably... or if the weather is too dark/wet for the pedantic person I am then I will be heading over in my X5... see you there I hope! enjoy the drive down. best regards Duane

Rob Hannafin

Reaction score
German car day

How was the overall turn out,?To much rain to take either the 2000( which Iwas planning on taking, new muffler and all) or the 2000cs. First time in years that I missed it. I sure it was not packed as usual.

duane_sword

Reaction score
Well I started this thread on German Car Day at Larz Anderson, and I know... I didn't show.

Two reasons, but you can call them excuses too....

1. Rain, what a shame given the awesome week we had in Boston

2. I was planning to show up in my 3.0CS... but then when the rain came down I thought I would just turn up as a spectator in my daily driver (X5).... but my entire street was blocked off from 9am through 2pm for a special Bunker Hill Battle parade....

Stan, did you take any photos?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I took some pictures. There were a lot of cars there as the rain stopped at about 11:00am. Many BMWs; 3 coupes, 1 Z8, 5 2002s, and a variety of other cars.

Some nice Porsches; 356 B, and an old speedster in great shape. A beautiful 300SL Mercedes as well as a nice 190SL.

Audi was represented with one RS, what a sound from that engine!

Turned out cool but nice overall.

acat2002

Reaction score
Stan,

It was great to meet a few local coupe owners, including yourself.
Did you get any good pictures of our coupes together?

I was too busy chatting with people and sneaking into my trunk to grab Pacificos and simply forgot to take any good pictures. The only picture I took was of the 540 plumbed for nitrous!

Have to say among the most impressive in the BMW group was the 72 Fjord 2002 Tii. Also the 69 RSR 3.8 was pretty cool in the Porsche group.

Considering the weather, it was a great turnout. They just should have held off on anouncing awards for another hour because everyone left immediately after.

-A