Germany Trip - October 2013

jsracerx

Reaction score
I wanted to make everyone aware of a trip the California Auto Museum (Sacramento, CA) and the Saratoga Auto Museum (Saratoga, NY) are partnering on to visit Germany in October of this year.

Itinerary:
October 4 through 13, 2013
Nurburgring (during Green Hell Driving Days - want to drive the North Loop?)
Heidelberg - Speyer & Sinsheim Museums
Stuttgart - Porsche & Mercedes Museums, Factories, dinner at Porsche
Munich - BMW Museum, factory, Welt; Deutsches Museums of transport & flight
Add some great food, German Beer, Castles, and we are going to have one hell of a time!

register at www.calautomuseum.org
if you have questions - email me at [email protected]

Only 24 spots available...come and ceck off some bucket list items with us

Ohio Jon

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sounds like a great time. I got to drive the Ring last September for the first time. All I can say it is do it! it was amazing, but do not use your rental car. I rented a Swift from Rent-4-ring.
Jon

jsracerx

Reaction score
Top 10 Reasons to gooooo!

Hi - our registration deadline is approaching http://calautomuseum.org/html/trips.html

Top 10 Reasons to ‘do’ Germany with California Auto Museum/Saratoga Auto Museum

1) Some great people to travel with! You will meet some new friends from opposite ends of the North American continent that share your interests! What a great way to network and learn about what car nuts on the opposite coast do.

2) It's for Charity! By going you are supporting not one, but two 501c3 charities (read tax deduction opportunity) - the California Auto Museum and the Saratoga Automobile Museum

3) The Nurburgring! We arrive in the midst of guaranteed public driving time - Green Hell Driving Days!. Even if you don’t choose to get a few laps on the track, just checking out the parking lot is an incredible experience. The Ring is up for sale - you may never have as good an opportunity to get on track as this year! We will also cruise the countryside around the track for photo ops.

4) Touring the world class Speyer Museum and Sinsheim Museum in Heidelberg.

5) PORSCHE – Enjoy both a factory and museum tour. Dine that evening at the museum's renowned Christophorus Restaurant

6) MERCEDES – Experience the fantastic museum, and tour their factory restoration shops

7) BMW – Visit tour the Welt delivery center and also experience factory and museum tours. Special DTM and Art Car exhibits as well

8) Munich - a day to yourself in this fabulous city, with access to the best sections of Autobahn left, the nearby sights of Neuschwanstein Castle, the Eagle's Nest, etc.

9) Castles - we will stop at Cochem Castle (and possibly Berg Eltz)

10) A super non-car person itinerary for any companions who tire of auto related content.