going to munich (mobile traditions museum)

klerk

Reaction score
greetings. first post in quite some time as i sold my 1972 CS coupe over a year ago now. wanted to get opinions from this group about my trip to the mobile traditions museum next week. i'm actually going with a BMW rep as i currently work with BMW developing their advertising/marketing design.

anyone ever been to the museum? anything i'll kick myself for not catching while there?

btw. i plan on joining the CS-owning family again once things settle down life-wise.

TIA :D

Awsome place. Make sure you take lotsa pics for us.
Enrique

greetings. first post in quite some time as i sold my 1972 CS coupe over a year ago now. wanted to get opinions from this group about my trip to the mobile traditions museum next week. i'm actually going with a BMW rep as i currently work with BMW developing their advertising/marketing design.

anyone ever been to the museum? anything i'll kick myself for not catching while there?

btw. i plan on joining the CS-owning family again once things settle down life-wise.

Take lots of pictures of the Calder Art Car!

I was there a couple of weeks ago, and sadly there isn't much to see at the moment, just a handful of exhibits. The new museum will be amazing when it's finished by the looks of it. Don't plan on spending the day there ! the beer will make up for any disappointment though.

klerk said:

or factory tour or the Deutsches Museum of Technology ...

Try to sign up now for a tour of the Munich BMW factory. And try to spend a full day at the Deutsches Museum, also in Munich.

just went today

had a private 2 hour tour of the mobile traditions collection today. i was granted access (travelling w/bmw na employee) to the "employee only building", where they house all the historic vehicles not currently on loan for exhibition. saw most of the art cars, the james bond film cars, and a fantastic CSL in perfect condition, as well as many formula cars, one of a kind prototypes, etc. will try to post pics when i get back next week.

the tour was given by a 35+ year employee of bmw, who happeneed to be personally responsible for the classic car parts devision (auto/motorcycle). said you can now, through your regular dealer, source/price/attain many parts just recently re-introduced (as the 20002 car built completely out of new oem parts is a testiment to).

saw an incredible car which never went into production, which basically was a 3.0 hatchback!

Back