Golf yellow coupe needs rescuing

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Golf yellow coupe needs rescuing in Santa Barbara. It's on ebay.
Hopefully the owner realizes that this is a $5,000 coupe that probably needs $20,000 in work, and not a $20,000 coupe that needs $5,000 in work. Great color though. My fave besides Inka and Taiga. My own coupe is a dull Polaris, just like half the modern bimmers.
Lack of side mirror makes me wonder how long it has been un-driven.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973...ewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item255902c9ed

Scott

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully the owner realizes that this is a $5,000 coupe that probably needs $20,000 in work, and not a $20,000 coupe that needs $5,000 in work. Great color though. My fave besides Inka and Taiga.

Let's hope?

Owner confirmed here yesterday that the Golf color IS original to the car (which is rare for a CS) and he seems to know the realistic value of the car, given it's current condition... He intends on remediating the rusted floorpan as indicated I believe at Bianchi Motors in Santa Barbara so suggest a call to them...he's and nice chap and IMHO represents the car well.

Ran

jmackro

Reaction score
Craterface said:
Hopefully the owner realizes that this is a $5,000 coupe that probably needs $20,000 in work, and not a $20,000 coupe that needs $5,000 in work

Very well put!

I put it on my ebay watch list - it'll be interesting to see if it meets the seller's reserve, and what it goes for.

Certainly there are some nits we could pick on this car. On the other hand, the seller does admit that there are issues, and without seeing it firsthand, it is difficult to judge the degree of rust damage. It could be a good starting point for a nice project. All depends on where the reserve is set.