Gordon Murray

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My son lives literally across the street from Canepa's in Scotts Valley, CA. My son is a gearhead (an acorn doesn't fall far from the tree ;) ), so he checks in across the street often.

Today, Gordon Murray was there along with a T.33 and Bruce Canepa's new T.50. These are stunning cars! The T.50 is a three seater with the driver in the middle. It has a 700 HP V8 with a 12,400 redline. 2,300 pounds.

Here's the Gordon Murray Automotive web site and a video with some footage of Murray's museum and an in depth look at the new T.33 Spyder.

Wow, that is a pretty car. Never even heard of Gordon Murray. I bet he eats well.

Never heard of him?! Murray was the head designer at Brabham in the 70s and much of the 80s before becoming the technical director at McLaren in the late 80s and early 90s before forming the road-car group at McLaren and acting as chief designer of the McLaren F1, and it just goes on and on. He’s a brilliant engineer and designer.

One of the all time great race (and street) car designers, along with Colin Chapman and Adrian Newey.

Worked closely with Paul Rosche to develop the BMW V12 for the McLaren F1, one of the greatest automotive engines ever

Back