Great E28 build thread

gary bellamy

Reaction score
!! David go for It !!

I have seen 3 of Roy's builds and there all top drawer. I am really hoping to see the Sepang build up here at Tedfest in July. And of course more Coupes.

Gary

86 M535I

TodB

Reaction score
The trick is to find a good starting base as most of them are getting a bit long in the tooth both physically and mechanically. They look tons better with the Euro bumpers. Every once in awhile a good Euro version will come up. Ron Perry might be a good source of what is available. They are very fun cars to drive!

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yep. I've let Ron, Carl, Peter, and Mike B. all know that I'm interested in getting an E28. But I'm holding out for just the right model--preferably an H5S. I know of two that traded hands last year, as well as two additional clones. Timing is everything, and I have none.

But I am NOT buying another project. I want a car that's sorted. No more projects. Nope, not gonna do it like I did with the E9. No way.

TodB

Reaction score
E28

there was a nice Euro converted one (bumpers, modded B25 motor) that was for sale last Fall. For awhile, it seemed like they could not give it away. These cars are out there...

Really not that bad of a project car either...if you start with the right one. :lol: