ground control coil over question

charofire

Reaction score
I am considering Ground Control coil overs on my 2800cs after seeing how nice Terry's looked. I am concerned about the rear shock mounts being robust enough to support the stiffer coil over springs. What are the best methods reinforce the rear shock mounts for this kind of setup (no cage options)?

coilovers on the rear?

did you swap to an E28 rear end or something?

I would assume he means adjustable spring perches and smaller coils. I've considered coilovers on my 2800cs also since I don't like the Carl Nelson lowering spring height.

I am considering Ground Control coil overs on my 2800cs after seeing how nice Terry's looked. I am concerned about the rear shock mounts being robust enough to support the stiffer coil over springs. What are the best methods reinforce the rear shock mounts for this kind of setup (no cage options)?
don't forget there are several advantages to coilovers - progressive springs and different stiffness springs options

I am also considering the Ground Control kit. I spoke to Donovan at GC and he stated that they don't have coil overs for the rear; they have a more traditional setup to replace the stock components. Were you told something different?

For those with coil overs, did you have to change the geometry of other suspension components (ball joints, outer tie rods) to compensate for the lower drop?

Back