Hagerty snippet...

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
As I sat in the library perusing an article about Studebaker Commanders, I read that about an owner of a black one, "S2D", with a "Corvette 327 built by hotrodder Dick Steinkamp"....that you Dick?

That's me. I built that car in the late 90's when I was still working. It was invited to and attended the Grand National Roadster Show in 2000 when the show was still in San Francisco before it moved to Pomona. I drove it a lot including Rod and Custom's Americruise from SF to LA to Lincoln, NE, and back to SF. I took the picture of it in the Hagerty article just north of Santa Barbara when I was on the way from my home in the SF Bay Area to a show in Phoenix. Lots of fun and great memories. I sold it when I started lusting after another project and figured out I couldn't keep them all if that's the way I wanted to enjoy the hobby. The young man who owns it now is an enthusiastic hobbyist. The car will be in the lobby of the Donald Stephens Convention Center in Chicago next weekend at the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals.

Jul11004 copy.JPG

116_1616 copy.JPG

116_1603 copy.JPG

115_1595 copy.JPG

116_1634 copy.JPG

Last edited:
That is a beaut!...and as mentioned, the build is clean and mean, cool back-story. I love it.
Below are no Commanders, nothing clean, nothing mean...recent estate sale with Studebakers.

Attachments

• IMG_2630.JPG
    IMG_2630.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2631.JPG
    IMG_2631.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 102
Back