Hallelujah!!

Daxklynsmith

Reaction score
After a year, St Judith, the Irish 3.0CS finally made it out of here on a short round trip without breaking down.
It's been a year of mechanicals ,now starts the suspension and then the de-rust and respray!!
BTW Dave B, discovered the answer to my question about different colours Granatrot?
Your car is Granat which is a different shade to Granatrot!
Even tho it was low and slow,it was so good to drive an E9 again.
Excuse the broad smile
PS: anyone know the sizes of the wheel bearings?

St Jude rides again!

Hi Dax,

Welcome back to E9-ing. You are getting your car on the road, at a point when a few of us are tucking them up for the winter again!

I have put mine off the road on a SORN thingy, and am looking into a nice car-coon / tent / with built in filters and fan for keeping her in inside the garage. Keep the cold and moisture off.

I actually saw a couple of these things at the Classic Motor Show at the NEC Birmingham last week. It got me thinking.

I also saw a couple of CSL's on the BMW Club stand. Nice.

Re the colour - I will take your word re the differences in colour names. I am planning a possible respray in the Spring so will be able to give you a def colour on mine then!

Regards,

A bad drive in an E9 is better than a good drive in most other cars. Way to go, Dax.

Do you mean front wheel bearings? (as opposed to rear hub bearings)

just my last run before Winter, Dave B, if it had'nt been a dry day it would'nt have come out.
Philip, Both front and rears if you have, they sound ok, but I doubt they've ever been done so want to tick off another entry on the to-do list this winter.
Have'nt had a chance to listen to your radio show on the last few saturdays, Philip, will get back there soon
Regards
dax

Thanks Philip, just trying to find out price and availability that side of the pond as the moment you mention something exotic like BMW,1973 and CS, eyes light up like a cash register with a deep look at the price calculator
thanks
Dax

Wheel bearings

Front wheel bearings are standard tapered roller bearings. Rears are standard radial ball bearings. ALL sizes used are more common than you can possibly realize with literally over a million applications in the industrial world. Get the numbers, and call a few bearing distributors in your area. Sometimes even the large auto chain stores can identify the manufacturers numbers ie Timken, SKF, FAG etc..... Same deal with the seals. Give these guys IDXODXWidth(metric). Seals are nitrile, double lip construction.

Good Luck!

Thanks Ed, was being lazy and trying to find if someone had the SKF/Timken numbers/Seal info so I could get it all together before removing stuff.
I live in a beautiful country but Saturday is not a good day to find stuff!!

Back