Handles above rear doors

Mike Goble

Reaction score
My Bav doesn't have the handles above the rear doors but it does have grab straps. Are they mutually exclusive? I've seen Bavs with the handles but I don't recall any grab straps.
I have some handles from an e12 that I want to install so I can put a hanger bar across the rear to carry my umpire equipment. I peeled back the headliner and there is a place to mount them, but the headliner is stretched so tight and is so old that I think it will rip if I attempt to bolt them up. I may have to make some spacers.

johnl

Reaction score
My Bav doesn't have the handles above the rear doors but it does have grab straps. Are they mutually exclusive? I've seen Bavs with the handles but I don't recall any grab straps.
I have some handles from an e12 that I want to install so I can put a hanger bar across the rear to carry my umpire equipment. I peeled back the headliner and there is a place to mount them, but the headliner is stretched so tight and is so old that I think it will rip if I attempt to bolt them up. I may have to make some spacers.

Our '72 Bav has the handles above the rear doors AND an adjustable hook that will slide to accomidate clothes. If the "grab straps" you are referring to are on the "B" pillar our car doesn't have such.

Mike Goble

Reaction score
Grab strap is on the b-pillar. I wonder if the presence of one or the other is dictated by the sunroof? I have a sunroof and grab straps.

PaulinPa

Reaction score
I have a couple handles for $2 apiece,if you are interested.

Attachments

• bav handels.jpg
    bav handels.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 160

johnl

Reaction score
Grab strap is on the b-pillar. I wonder if the presence of one or the other is dictated by the sunroof? I have a sunroof and grab straps.

It might be but the handles are so far outboard I don't see how they would interfere with the roof panel or track.

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My 72 has handles with adjustable hooks. No straps and no sunroof.