Happy St Patrick’s Day

Barry.b

Reaction score
Hi guys
To all my BMW friends
Where ever ye are across the world,
I hope ye have a great St Patrick’s day !!!

1A6319B7-F34F-4D0F-86E1-C311929CE4C1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tanks mate.

In honour of the day we tried a black velvet tonight - bloody awful and a waste of a guinness.

And don't leave that masking tape on the car for too long or you'll never get it off.

You mixed champagne with beer?

Is that a Kiwi invention?

I flew first class just one time to Europe, 1972, the late lamented Pan American Airways, when air travel was part of the vacation. We had a full course menu to choose from, a wine cellar, and a lounge up a spiral staircase where I watched the sun come up over the last of the Empire.

On the drink list was a libation called "The Silver Slipper" champagne and Guinness Stout, not to be confused with more common beers. I remember it to this day, delicious! But a memory probably clouded by the luxury of First Class accommodations when flying was also a luxury.

I will spare you my harsh opinion, laced with obscenities of course, of modern day "flying."

I flew to London and back from San Francisco in January in Polaris Business Class Sleeper. No complaints.
Oman to London was a 787 Dreamliner with 16 passengers. One fourth of the passengers on that flight were co-workers. We had our own attendant.
it depends on the flight….

Barry, to you as well. Sorry for below in advance (not really).

So this guy in Dublin decides his son has come of age and wants him to have his first pub experience. He takes him to the local pub, orders 3 Guinness for him and finds his son does not like it. He drinks his son's Guinness and then his own. He calls a friend because he realizes he is in no condition to push his son's stroller home!

Barry, to you as well. Sorry for below in advance (not really).

So this guy in Dublin decides his son has come of age and wants him to have his first pub experience. He takes him to the local pub, orders 3 Guinness for him and finds his son does not like it. He drinks his son's Guinness and then his own. He calls a friend because he realizes he is in no condition to push his son's stroller home!

Back