Hard clutch pedal

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Gruppe,

I trying to diagnose why my clutch pedal has become hard to depress. I noticed it late last summer and it's still the case. I did a five speed conversion 4 years ago. At that time I used a rebuilt stock e9 master cylinder and brand new slave along with a used stock e12 hose from the master to the slave. The hose was used from the e12 donor car.

I suspect that the hose is the culprit since it's probably 30 years old.

I see that Masa Performance sells a conversion kit that includes an e21 master and has all the nessassary bits needed when doing a conversion. Anyone familiar with this kit?

I'm going to check with Carl Nelson to see if they sell a SS braided hose. They're website lists such a hose for 2002 5speed conversion.

Since I'll soon be doing an AT to manual version on an e3 I'd like to some opinions on what is the best hose to use?

John M

I posted last week- clutch master, slave from rmEuropean was 35.00 for both
Carl has the hose
70 bucks for it all

This is from Ben at LJI where I bought mine:

We have a custom fitted steel-braided clutch hose that is the right length for the 5 speed conversion on the coupes. $35, and I need to know which direction the output for the master cylinder exits in order to get you the right one: does it point down towards the ground, forwards towards the radiator, or outwards towards the frame rail/inner fender?

Thanks guys.

I'll get in touch with Ben at LaJolla and get the braided hose.

I have Mesa's parts, very easy and cheap. It is a brake pipe/line and a flex hose with correct fittings on the ends. It is a two piece solution to an NLA one piece hose.

Back