Has anyone in Toronto seen the Black 73 E9 at Chuck's Auto?

dwa1971

Reaction score
I am interested in the car but no longer live in the area and wanted to call out to any E9 owners in the GTA that might have seen it. Thank you

Dwayne

After having a phone conversation with Chuck and assuring me it was rust free I took the 6hr drive to Toronto..in June 2004..The car is a rust bucket..push hard enough on the floors and your hand will go right through them..I tried to look inside the wheel wells it was too dark..I gave it a tap and pieces of rust were falling out of the wheel wells. Under the hood upper fenders are covered in 3 inch black thick tar....My inspection ended there..it took 5 mins......I was pretty pissed off for being lied to over the phone and having to drive 12hrs..I had found an old at for that car off of roadfly and it was dated in 2003..I was surprised to find that such a nice looking car with a low selling price was still for sale..Theres a reason its still for sale. :roll: Its too bad... nice color combo ..interior was in good condition..Paint looked great as did moldings...Engine looked clean and detailed as well...But the body is finished

Thanks G

I thought it was funny the car was still for sale as I had seen it on his site for some time. I asked him about it and he said it was fine. I have dealt with Chuck before so hence my request to see if anyone had inspected it up close. Thanks again.

D

After having a phone conversation with Chuck and assuring me it was rust free I took the 6hr drive to Toronto..in June 2004..The car is a rust bucket..push hard enough on the floors and your hand will go right through them..I tried to look inside the wheel wells it was too dark..I gave it a tap and pieces of rust were falling out of the wheel wells. Under the hood upper fenders are covered in 3 inch black thick tar....My inspection ended there..it took 5 mins......I was pretty pissed off for being lied to over the phone and having to drive 12hrs..I had found an old at for that car off of roadfly and it was dated in 2003..I was surprised to find that such a nice looking car with a low selling price was still for sale..Theres a reason its still for sale. :roll: Its too bad... nice color combo ..interior was in good condition..Paint looked great as did moldings...Engine looked clean and detailed as well...But the body is finished

I hope you had a few words with the dealer to let him know you were not happy about having to drive that far for nothing.

Back