Headliner differences between the 2800 cs and the 3.0 cs

Roger S

Reaction score
Recently spoke with the vendor doing my headliner and he raised a concern/stated that there was a difference between the 2800cs headliner w/sunroof and the 3.0 cs headliner with sunroofs, resulting in a different pattern for the various models. I found this odd and begged to differ. From a production stand point, it didnt make sense. Can anyone chime in and clarify? If so, might it be the bows? Its hard to imagine a sunroof being cut in a different position.

Before anyone suggests that I drive/tow my car into his shop, my car and the work are thousands of miles apart, hence my question.

Thanks in advance.

rns

Thanks Paul. Did you take any pictures of the underside of the roof and/or the headliner that you can post or would not mind emailing?

Has anyone who has owned both an early and later model cs with a sunroof, and had to replace the headliner, notice any differences? The vendor doesn't want to make something that will not work for me, and I dont want to waste his time. I am considering just having it made locally but wanted to get technical feedback from other owners that might know before having the materials sent back out east to me.

Sunroof

I may be hallucinating, but I seem to remember a thread describing at least two iterations of sunroof size due to different contractors brought in to install them at Karmenn ???? Am I all wet??? Anybody??? Matt McGinn here in CT may have the answer. He's grafted several sunroof skins onto 2002's and at least one e9.

answers ...

Just spoke with Carl Nelson and he confirmed that there were at least three different headliner patterns, ie, the two for electronic sunroof cars and the one for the manual sunroof all held by tension and no bows. Paul, thanks for the reminder to check Paul, and thank you guys for responding.

I posted a photo in the documentation part of the galleries that show the underside of the roofs.

Back