Heater Blower Motor Removal

RMP

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Does anyone has experience and tips in removing the motor from the plastic fan? I know you can buy a complete fan and motor unit, but I have a new motor to install.

Thanks,
Roger

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
I can confirm Rek's view. I first put some oil on the plastic/axle joint 2 days earlier, then I just hammered out the motor. I used a pin to drive the axle out from the white plastic fan. I supported the system by putting it upside down on a an open vice with a towel. The open vice allows the motor to drop into the towel suspended below it. The 2 jaws of the vice support the fan well enough to prevent it to break.

Marc-M

Reaction score
I have just done mine…

To get the plastic fan off you need to use a press – and press it off supporting the fan as much as possible with the motor hanging below.
The motors are available off the net – and are an easy replacement- but the cap that the old one has is not on the new one I got.
And from mem – the plastic out cover is removed before fitting.

Regards

Marc

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread.
Looking to replace the heater fan motor. Can anyone confirm the motor they used as a replacement.

Much appreciated

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's a Bosch part that was available as a replacement part for about 46 euro's up to -at least 2 years ago-
the part number is here on teh ofrum somewhere. lookup the part number and then do a search - you'll find it.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Some may consider that even blower motors would work with less vibration once balanced.

All fans I have been checking in BMW from 80's (20th century) and later models have been balanced by the suppliers (Behr, Bosch...) by adding some small weights (e.g tiny metal clamps).

There are some shops which can balance the fan blades as the vibration can be measured.

It does not mean it will not work without balancing but it is sure that the noise and vibration experienced and thus operation lifetime can be improved.

Just few cents from my side.